033. bullets and healers 🩺

evangeline cromwell

evangeline cromwell

I was woken up by cold water being thrown in my face.

I gasped for air and when I finally opened my eyes in front of me was a man. He had blue hair, medium-height and he smelled. He smelled like sweat and alcohol. "Rise and shine, sunshine!" His voice sent chills all over my body and not in a good way. His voice was hurting my ears.

"W-what?" I tried moving only to realise my hands were tied. Same for my legs. "W-what's happening here?"

"Revenge, sweetheart." The man laughed and I flinched at that sound. It was a pitched, loud laugh that scared me.

"But I didn't do anything!" I screamed and tried to move again but I only ended up hurting my hands on the chair.

"Oh, you didn't. But your boyfriend did." Said another voice. I looked in the direction of the sound to see a tall, orange—haired guy walking toward us. "And we want revenge."

They wanted to hurt Henry. And in that moment, I was happy they chose me because I couldn't handle the thought of him being hurt. "I am Castor." Said the blue—haired guy. "And I'm Daniel." Finished the orange—haired guy.

"Sorry, I'm supposed to know your guys' names?" I genuinely asked. Henry never mentioned them so I don't think they are important.

Daniel's face falls. "Of course, you don't know. Maybe you know Cesar?"

I tried thinking about that name. Cesar. Cesar. Cesar. All that would come to my mind was Cesar salad but I don't think this is what they mean. "You wouldn't be talking about the salad, would—"

I didn't get to finish my sentence because Castor slapped me so hard that it made an echo in the abandoned house I was in. "I don't like sarcasm."

My face was screaming in pain and after a few seconds, my right side became numb. Dang, he has some strength in his tiny body. "Your boyfriend killed our friend because of you."

Were they talking about the one guy who had the word rapist written on his forehead? "Oh, you mean the friend who threatened my boyfriend that he'll do bad things to me?" And by bad things, I guess he meant sexual assault.

"It wouldn't have been rape if you had enjoyed it," Castor said in a cocky voice and looked over at his friend that was also proudly smiling.

I couldn't be more disgusted right now. And I couldn't be more scared. They could touch me at any moment and I couldn't do anything about it. I would feel they breathe on my skin and their touch would be printed in the back of my mind. I tried not to show how scared I was when I spoke up. "You guys are disgusting."

"Your boyfriend kills people and we are the disgusting ones?" Daniel was now angry. "How hypocritical you are."

"He kills bad people." I corrected him and tried again to let myself free. They only laughed at my attempt.