032. first night 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

evangeline cromwell

evangeline cromwell

"What are we going to do after tomorrow, Henry?" I let my fears slip my mouth. "After I leave Cirranne, what will happen to us?"

Henry lets out a sigh but continues playing with my hair and I continue drawing circles on his bare abdomen. "Let's not think about that now, river. Let's enjoy our last hours together and forget about the world for a moment."

He was right. We only have a few hours left together and I don't want to spend them worrying and crying about the future. "Yeah, you're right. We'll talk about it once I'm back in Brookside." Maybe it wasn't right to ignore the problem but I just couldn't accept the fact that I won't be able to be in his arms after tonight since we'll be leaving tomorrow morning.

I also had to wake up even earlier than I do when I sleep at him him so that gives us even little time. I don't want to sleep tonight.

My hand goes over one of his scars and I caress it gently. I could sense how his body tensed. "How did you get this scar?"

Henry was silent for a few seconds and I was ready to tell him he shouldn't feel obligated to tell me something he isn't comfortable with but his voice stopped me. "I woke him up."

I was waiting for him to continue but he didn't. "He beat you just because you woke him up?" His father is lucky he's already dead because if he was alive, I would have murdered him myself the moment I saw him.

"My father loved three things in his life; his alcohol, sleep, and his belt." His voice was flat and that scared me because it doesn't affect him anymore. He felt so much until he couldn't.

"What about your mother? What did she do when he would do that to you and your sister?" I asked but part of me didn't want the answer.

"She overdosed a few days after I was born."

I bite my lip so I won't cry. I wanted to say sorry but I knew it wouldn't help him. And maybe it was better because I had a feeling his mother was the same as his father so he had fewer people to worry about. But I don't let that thought leave my mind.

I didn't know what to do so I just kissed his scar. His body tense again and I heard his breath stop for two seconds. "Whenever you see this scar, think about our first meeting."

I kissed the one right next to it. "When you see this one, think about our snow fight."

Henry was barely breathing every time my lips touched his body. "When you see this one, think about those two weeks."

I did this with most of his scars. At first, it was something innocent but after a while, the air between us changed. The brunette man started breathing heavily and I stopped saying the memories. I started kissing his whole body, scar on not.

I kissed and kissed and I was close to his V—line until the hand that was in my hair raised my head. "Evangeline, don't start something you can't finish." He whispered and looked at me with desire in his eyes.