36

evangeline cromwell

evangeline cromwell

It was morning and I had to say goodbye to my friends. It was hard knowing that we would only talk over the phone and would not see each other face-to-face for a very long time. That's why we were in each other's arms, crying like it was the end of the world.

"I will miss you so much!" I'm not sure if it was me or any of them that said that but it was the truth. I will miss them so much.

"Why did you have to live in Brookside?" I could now recognise Victoria's voice.

"Why did the three of you have to live in Su?" I cried out.

Not knowing this was a rhetorical question, Avery answered. "B-because my parents were born there."

We stopped talking and went back to uncontrollably crying. How's going to support me now? How's going to listen to me talk about Henry nonstop? Yes, I can call them but it's not going to be the same as in real life. At this moment I want to go back in time to the first time I saw them and spend even more time with them.

Henry cleared his throat. "I think we should get going."

I asked Henry and his friends to drive them back to Su. It wasn't a lot but I didn't want to bother their parents and the bus ticket cost a lot. I wanted to go with them but I had a doctor appointment. I talked to my parents to reschedule but the next time the doctor was free would be in a week. And besides, Henry didn't let me. He kept telling me how dangerous it can be and blah, blah, blah. I blocked out his dad's lecture.

"Be safe, alright? Don't forget to text me as soon as you get home, alright?" I hardly broke the hug, my heart screaming not to let go.

"And don't you forget to tell us if you are healthy, ok?" Luna pointed her finger at me and tried being serious but the mascara running down her face only made me laugh.

"I will, I will." I nodded. "Get in the car before any cop walks around and sees them."

We all hugged for a last time and the girls entered in the back seat, Reed opening the door for them.

"Don't you also forget to text me." Henry comes in front of me. He had a cap on and a mask was covering his face. He was all dressed in black.

Even though this street wasn't very crowded, they needed to make sure nobody would see them, freak out, and call the police.

"I won't."

"Mhm." He hummed in response. Henry gently grabbed my chin, took off his mask, and kissed my lips. "When it's your next school break?"

"Um, March I think?" I've never cared for the breaks because that meant I would be locked out in the house every day, except for Sunday. Not even after I was allowed to leave the house I wasn't interested in breaks because I was still suffering because of Henry and I hated being alone in my head. "Why?"