The Past Surfaces!

Moran, SidSa,Koezi, Nikhil and Janhavi reached Deolali late in the evening. Everyone were tired and straightaway went to their respective dorms and quarters.
Since Janhavi was going to stay with Moran , Karan had requested Batra Sir for another quarter for Janhavi that was interconnected with Moran's.

Janhavi went to her quarters to freshen up and set up her quarters , meanwhile Karan laid Monami on the bed since she had fallen asleep in the car ride.

He silently went to Janhavi's quarters and requested her to be with Monami as he had to meet Batra Sir and discuss about the case.

He quickly reported to Batra Sir and told him about Dr.Deepak Mahajan's conspiracies and how he treated Monami after her Mother was martyred.
Hearing about Monami's Mother being Martyred, Col. Batra was a little confused as he never knew that Monami's Mother was an Army Doctor.

Col.Batra: Karan, Monami ki Maa, ek shaheedi hain?!

Karan's: Yes Sir, Monami ki Maa, Dr.Juhi Mahajan, ek martyred Army Doctor hain .
Jab Monami 7 saal ki thi , uske janamdin ke baad , woh shaheed hui thi. She served in the Bihar Regiment and lost her life while trying to save children who were held as hostage by the terrorists in , Bihar's Government School.

Hearing about Juhi Mahajan, Col.Batra was shocked , well he had met Juhi Mahajan many a time in the Army Hospital ,Delhi and she had even helped treat victims of a flood prone region. Juhi Mahajan was the daughter of Col. Vijay Singhania and his wife, Zui, an NRI. After Juhi's martyrdom, although Vijay and Zui tried to trace Deepak and Monami they couldn't and left the city and where living in a small town of Gujarat, Umbergaon.
Karan was shocked hearing about Monami's maternal grandparents, he and Col.Batra decided that Monami would meet her grandparents and they would stay with her .

Col.Batra: Karan main abhi Col.Vijay Singhania ko call karke inform kar deta hoon.
Unhe yeh sunkar kitna accha lagega ki woh finally apni poti se milne waale hain. Unki saalon ki prateeksha ab jaakar khatam hone waala hain.
Unhone apne dono baccho, Juhi aur Rudra ko kho diya hain. Dono shaheed ho gaye, aur ab unke jeene ka sahara sirf aur sirf, Rudra ki bete ki bacchi hain. Rudra ka beta, Veer, shaheed ho gaya. Rudra ki patni sadmein mein chal basi. Veer ki patni, Barkha ek gynecologist hain. Woh Col.Vijay, Zui, aur apni bacchi ke saath Umbergaon mein hain. Tumhe yaad hain jab, PRF ne uss din Mumbai mein bahut saare blasts karwaye thhey uss din Barkha aur uski beti, Mumbai aaye thhey, kyunki Col.Vijay chahate thhey ki, Barkha ki beti ek acche se school mein padhe aur ussiliye unhone Barkha aur uski bacchi ko Mumbai bheja. Luckily dono bacch gaye aur ab dono Umbergaon mein hi reh rahe hain.

Karan was surprised that ,Monami still had some relatives from her maternal side and she would be sooooo happpy to meet them .

He quickly nodded and decided that he would take Monami to Umbergaon. But realized that he had to stay until the Cadets Final Exams are not completed.

Understanding Karan's dilemma, Col.Batra proposed the idea that they would call all of them here so that they could meet Monami.
Karan nodded his head in agreement!

Col. Batra: Karan ruko main abhi, Col.Vijay ko call lagaunga main chahate hoon tum bhi yaha raho aur unse baat karo aur Monami ke baaremein bataon.

Karan nodded and sat on the seat opposite to that of Col.Batra.
Col. Batra dialled a number and placed the phone on speaker. After two rings someone picked up.

Col.Batra: Hello, JAI HIND,Main, Col.Pushpendra Batra baat kar raha hoon.Kya main Retd. Officer, Col.Vijay Singhania ke saath baat kar raha hoon ?!

Someone: Hello, JAI HIND, Main, Retd.Officer Col. Vijay Singhania baat kar raha hoon. If I am not mistaken aap Parakram SAF ,Deolali ke overall in charge hain right.

Col.Batra: Yes Sir, sir main abhi aapse kuchh aisi baatein karne waala hoon jisse aap kaafi khush ho jayenge.

Col.Vijay: Col.Batra, aisi kaunsi baat karni hain aapko aur woh bhi raat ke 8.30 baje ko.Aur mujhe aise kyu lag raha hain ki aap mujhe koi bahut badi baat karne waale hain jisse bahut kuchh badalne waala hain.

Col.Batra: Sir ,I am sorry maine aapko itni late ko call kiya par, main jo bataane waala hoon jisse sunke aap behad khush hojayenge.
Aapki beti,.Martyred. Major. Juhi Mahajan, ki Beti, Dr.Monami Karan Shergill zinda hain aur Deolali main hain.As a matter of fact ,she works in the Army Hospital ,Deolali and is appointed as the Head of department of Cardiology.
Woh married hain, aur uske pati ka naam hain Lieutenant Colonel Karan Shergill.

Hearing all this, Col.Vijay's eyes moistened. He couldn't believe that his grand daughter whom he was searching for all these years was alive and was in an Army Academy.But to confirm that all this is not a joke he again asked Col.Batra. To this, Karan replied.

Karan: With all due respect , Sir, Main,Lieutenant Colonel Karan Shergill, Dr.Monami Mahajan ka husband hoon. Woh mere saath army quarters mein rehti hain. Abhi aapko jo Batra Sir ne bataaya woh sab sach hain.
Sir meri ek request hain kyaa aap aur aapka pura Parivaar Deolali shift ho sakta hain kya?!
I know aapko yahi lag raha hain yeh kaisi request hain ,lekin Sir yeh sirf aur sirf Monami ki sehat ke liye kar raha hoon.
Saying so Karan told Col.Vijay everything about Deepak Mahajan and his ill deeds towards Monami. He told him about Monami's kidnapping and her accident too. Hearing all this Col.Vijay was extremely furious with Deepak and agreed that he would come to Deolali the very next day.

Umbergaon,
Col.Vijay called Zui, Barkha and informed them about shifting to Deolali, and narrated everything about Monami.
Zui's eyes welled with tears as finally she would be meeting her grand daughter, she always wanted to hold her Juhi's child in her arms but that Monster Deepak never let Col.Vijay and Zui meet Juhi and Monami. She quickly prayed to Christ and also went to the nearby Temple and offered her prayers to the Almighty for finally fulfilling her dream of meeting her grand daughter. Col.Vijay and Zui 's happiness knew no bounds, meanwhile Barkha was happy seeing them happy.
Both Zui and Vijay started telling what they would do when they meet her , and who will be liked more by their grand daughter. ( Sometimes, one becomes sooo happy that they start behaving like children and cannot contain their joy and excitement, something similar happened to Vijay and Zui.....they only knew that Juhi was blessed with a fighter but couldn't meet her or hold her as Deepak despised his In Law's and was worried if his In Law's got to know about his greed. He tried to keep them away ,but as they say, the truth would be uncovered one or the other day, something similar happened. )

They quickly packed all their luggage and set out. They boarded a train to Deolali.
Col.Vijay informed about the same to Karan and Col.Batra.
And since it was 4 hours train journey, Karan and Col.Batra immediately set out to the Railway Station to pick them up.

Not finding Karan during dinner, Monami barely ate a few morsels as it was almost a new routine that Karan used to feed her all the time and now she was missing him. Everyone else knew that forcing Monami to eat more would be futile as she may end up throwing up and that was worse.

They all retired to bed soon with Janhavi making Monami sleep on her lap and singing a lullaby just like how a small baby is put to sleep after feeding it .