4] Cursed Yearnings

Beyond obsession,
she lies

Beyond obsession, she lies

┈┈┈┈․° ♡ °․┈┈┈┈

"एक जरूरत हो अब तुम, सांसें काफी नहीं रही इस रूह के लिए", the words flowed from Vedaitya's lips with a sigh, his grey eyes shimmering with unspoken emotion as he delicately placed his palm on the handle of the gate.

(Your presence is now a necessity, for these breaths alone cannot sustain the hunger of this soul any longer)

A single tear escaped, tracing a silent path down his cheek before landing softly on the cold iron surface.

A shiver of anticipation raced down his spine, his grip on the handle tightening as his breaths quickened.

"I'm coming," Vedaitya whispered, his voice barely above a breath, as he began to step forward, his feet crossing over into the land he had longed to enter.

With each stride, he felt a sense of belonging wash over him, as though the very earth beneath his feet welcomed him home.

𓂃⊹ ִֶָ

  Maithili, long confined to the shadows, felt a sudden stirring in her heart, her breath catching in her throat as her eyes widened in astonishment.

Her translucent hands trembled, an ethereal glow emanating from her fingertips as she gasped at the unexpected sensation.

With a sense of urgency, her gaze swept the darkness beyond the palace gates, searching for the source of the disturbance. Yet, all she saw was the empty expanse of the night.

"Is this you, my love, returned to me at last?" she murmured, closing her eyes.

For fourteen long centuries, she had yearned for this moment.

Trapped within the confines of her ethereal chamber all those centuries ago, she had never dared to hope that the day would arrive when her soul would be reunited with her body.

As suddenly as the energy surged, it retreated, leaving Maithili once again suspended in her ghostly form.

With a heavy heart, she looked upon herself, unchanged for fourteen centuries. In that moment of stark realization, she knew, there was no one coming for her.

"Or maybe, not", she murmured, her voice tinged with resignation and sorrow.

Though she yearned to reach out and touch the world beyond, she remained bound to the confines of the chamber.

The touch of the mortal realm sent a jolt of pain and longing coursing through her ethereal form, igniting memories of a life long forgotten.

"All this waiting, all this longing, for naught. Is this my end?"