7] Letters and Legacies

My dear Twinkles,

Please ensure to check the message below after finishing the chapter.

It holds importance, and your attention to it is greatly appreciated.

┈┈┈┈․° ♡ °․┈┈┈┈

and he's, but the one,
in all my secrets.

and he's, but the one,in all my secrets

┈┈┈┈․° ♡ °․┈┈┈┈

His attempt to understand my pain is truly remarkable, almost beyond comprehension. Yet, he remains nothing more than a stranger.

Why does he share in this pain with me?

With steady breaths and a touch of hesitation, I placed my hand on his shoulder. His breath seemed to catch as he met my gaze with those piercing grey eyes.

"Shrivigya, Maithili's Shrivigya," each word dripping with my love for him, as I spoke the name of the man who holds my heart.

┈┈┈┈․° ♡ °․┈┈┈┈

824 CE, Shrimalaya.

┈┈┈┈․° ♡ °․┈┈┈┈

"Maithiliii," my name echoed through the palace corridors, accompanied by the sound of Bhabhi sa's hurried footsteps.

Her hair, stained with turmeric, danced in the air as she ran, her frustration evident in every stride.

With a laugh escaping my lips, I dashed into my chamber and shut the door before she could catch up.

My breaths came in ragged gasps as I tried to calm the storm within me.

"मैथिली, द्वार खोलो," her voice rang through the corridors, but it only fueled my laughter.

(Maithili, open the door)

"भाभी सा, जाइये और अपने सुनहरे केश भ्राता श्री के समक्ष लहराइये," I replied, my voice matching her volume, anticipating her protests outside.

(Bhabhi sa, go and flaunt your golden locks in front of brother)

Thankfully, Maa Sa wasn't around, otherwise, bhabhi sa would have enlisted her help to scold me.

When silence greeted me from outside, I grew suspicious. Bhabhi sa couldn't stay quiet for long. But I was certain she was lurking nearby.

Suppressing my laughter, I grabbed the quilt and cautiously opened the door.