5] The Meeting of Souls

WORD COUNT: 5996.

and so,
it was ignited when I met her,
my obsession.

and so, it was ignited when I met her, my obsession

┈┈┈┈․° ♡ °․┈┈┈┈

The grand door, worn by years of exposure, loomed imposingly before me. Its towering frame featured intricate carvings that seemed to narrate tales from long-lost eras.

As my fingers traced the cold, aged surface, a shiver ran down my spine.

The metal handles, adorned with faded engravings, felt cool to the touch.

I paused a minute, before applying steady pressure to the handles.

As the door swung open, I felt a deep connection to the secrets hidden beyond it.

The heavy doors closed behind me, sealing my fate and the curious imaginations of both Viraksh, and my brother alike.

The game had changed, and I was ready to play by my own rules.

"How far will you test the bounds of your wanderer?"

Slowly, I stepped inside the palace. Despite the enveloping darkness, I continued forward.

Ahead, another door opened into a corridor that stretched into the dim shadows of the palace.

Stepping across the boundary, I felt a subtle shift in the air, as if the palace itself acknowledged my presence.

Cobwebs clung to corners, and the occasional gust of wind sent them dancing like spectral remnants of the palace's history.

Portraits, their subjects long lost to memory, stared down from the walls with vacant eyes.

Wandering through the palace's dimly lit corridors, the feeble beam of my phone's flashlight cut through the oppressive darkness.

My footsteps echoed through the silent halls, I whispered to myself, "this darkness... it holds memories I've long tried to forget."

As I walked through the grand archway of the palace, I couldn't help but feel a surge of familiarity wash over me.

I ran my fingers over the stone balustrades as I ascended the grand staircase, each step bringing me deeper into the heart of the palace.

"It's as if no time has passed at all," I murmured to myself.

The scent of aged wood and the slight mustiness of untouched rooms filled my senses, evoking memories I thought I had forgotten.

Reaching the top of the stairs, I walked down a long corridor, my footsteps muffled by the thick, rich carpet that cushioned my path.

I glanced through the open doorways, peeking into rooms that seemed to hold their breath, waiting for life to return.