10] Tasting Temptation

WORD COUNT: 5309.

Enjoy the chapter with the perfect soundtrack -
play this song as you read!

┈┈┈┈․° ♡ °․┈┈┈

and beyond life, he lies.

┈┈┈┈․° ♡ °․┈┈┈

As I listened, my own heart heaved with the weight of his words, each revelation drew me even closer to him.

His words painted a vivid picture of betrayal and deceit, revealing the intricate web of lies spun by those closest to him.

How had he managed to love me, despite the scars that marked our past?

"अपने हर पल में मैंने आपसे प्रेम किया है"

(In every breath, I have loved you fervently)

His hands gently resting atop mine as he poured out his feelings.

While he confessed his emotions, his love enveloped me like a warm embrace, banishing the shadows of doubt and fear.

I was rendered speechless, unable to articulate my emotions, but I offered him a soft smile in acknowledgment of his heartfelt confession

In his eyes, I found solace, a sanctuary amidst the chaos of our past.

I knew that his love was the answer to each question that had haunted me for so long.

The injustice he endured, the deceit he faced— it was almost too much to bear.

While, he recounted our initial encounter, tears welled in my eyes, that he was the one I had longed for.

With each word he shared, it was as if he traveled back to those moments of the past.

"I endeavored to find you numerous times. On one occasion, I even encountered your father, who revealed to me that you've..." His voice wavered, a tear escaping his eye.

Instinctively, my hand reached out, our gazes locked, reflecting the tears in his eyes.

"That you've passed away. It was difficult to accept, and I attempted to unveil the truth, but he guarded it from me." His muffled voice held immeasurable pain as he revealed the details.

"Upon investigating, it became evident that there was no crisis within the palace as your father had deceitfully asserted. In fact, after our meeting, he conspired with the Rajmata to mislead me, and they plotted this whole plan to remain in Shrimalaya, preventing me from discovering the truth... They even orchestrated a scenario to display that you were no longer al.. alive."