11] Confessions of the Heart

WORD COUNT: 5804.

and he loved her like no other could..

┈┈┈┈․° ♡ °․┈┈┈┈

"I believe I've indulged enough for today. Shall we make our way back to the palace?" Her words punctuated the bustling market, drawing Shrivigya's attention to the delicate flush adorning her cheeks.

Setting the पात्र (bowl) aside, he nodded in agreement, rising from his seat.

Maithili, drifted towards the vendor, offering the coins with a gentle insistence.

"How could I accept remuneration from you?" The vendor's disbelief echoed amidst the crowd, his hands hesitant to receive.

Undeterred, she pressed on, "in the realm of commerce, titles wield no influence, Bhai Sa. This is the yield of your hardwork, please accept it."

Returning to Shrivigya's side, she found him waiting, his gaze filled with admiration.

With a soft grace, she approached, delicately tucking stray tendrils behind her ear as she whispered, "shall we depart?"

"अवश्य प्रिये, कहां जाना चाहेंगी आप फिर? सीधे अपने ससुराल?" Shrivigya's attempt at humor widened her eyes as she stared at him, taken aback.

(Surely, beloved, where would you like to go next? Straight to your in-laws' house)

With a mix of astonishment and nervousness, Maithili stammered, "W-what?" Her voice betrayed her unease as she looked at him, unsure of what to expect next.

Shrivigya, sensing her discomfort, shook his head with a smile, opting not to exacerbate her anxiety with further teasing.

"So, shall we?", she asked again, as Shrivigya found himself momentarily lost in thought, a hint of confusion crossing his features.

"Where to?" he queried, his words drawing a smile to Maithili's lips, her expression softening as she reached out, intertwining their fingers.

Throughout the exchange, he maintained an unwavering gaze, his eyes capturing every subtle shift in her expression.

As she spoke, her words carried a lightness that danced in the air, but beneath his composed exterior, a storm of emotions brewed.

When she uttered the words, "अभी के लिए आपके ससुराल चलते हैं," his initial confusion reflected in the furrow of his brow, quickly replaced by realization, causing his eyes to widen in astonishment.

(For now, let's head towards your in-laws' abode)

Her flirtatiousness caught him off guard, momentarily rendering him speechless.