18] Traces of Yesterday

WORD COUNT: 8185.

and nothing mattered more than loving him deeply.

┈┈┈┈․° ♡ °․┈┈┈┈

The crowd stood in stunned silence, their expressions reflecting shock and confusion at Shrivigya's unexpected outburst.

Even I had not anticipated such a direct warning from him. Sensing the need to ease the tension, I delicately reached out and gently tugged at his finger, guiding his attention towards me.

With a subtle motion, I encouraged him to offer a reassuring smile to the gathered guests.

Reluctantly, he complied, shaking his head before a faint smile graced his lips.

Turning towards the people, I drew a deep breath, mentally preparing myself for the next step of my carefully laid plan.

"On the occasion of tomorrow's Holi celebration, we extend a heartfelt invitation to each and every one of you to join us at the palace to partake in the festivities with your Maharaj," I announced.

"Will you honor us with your presence?"

The sincerity in my voice was met with a chorus of enthusiastic "yes" responses from the crowd, bringing a genuine smile to my lips.

Though I had not sought Shrivigya's explicit permission beforehand, I was determined to make this Holi special for him, knowing it was an occasion he had never celebrated before.

Slowly, I stole a glance at Shrivigya, observing the surprise that flickered across his features.

"Priye, if Holi isn't to your liking, why should I partake?" His words caught me off guard, and I furrowed my brow in confusion.

"Who told you that?" I countered, puzzled by his assumption. For a moment, he seemed hesitant before finally speaking up.

"You've never indulged in the festivities of Holi, not even once, so I assumed it might not be to your liking. Moreover, there was that occasion when you confided in your friend, who had intended to apply color on your cheeks, expressing that Holi wasn't your preferred festival," he confessed, his words eliciting a stunned expression from me.

How had he become privy to such details?

Sensing my incredulity, he elaborated, "the credit goes to Shuka. He's no ordinary parrot, priye. He possesses the gift of speech, and quite a proficient one at that."

My eyes widened at this revelation.
"He relayed all of this to you?" I inquired, struggling to comprehend the depth of the parrot's abilities.

Shrivigya nodded, his response compelling me to take several deep breaths to steady myself.