13] Embrace of Ropes

WORD COUNT: 5449.

   and with him, love conquered all.

┈┈┈┈․° ♡ °․┈┈┈┈

"Shri, what exactly do you think you're doing? Bhabhi won't appreciate this, mark my words," Anush's voice, filled with concern and apprehension, echoed nearby.

I understood his concerns, but I couldn't let fear dictate my actions, especially when it came to Maithili's well-being.

"Shri," Anush's voice pierced through the air once more, a reminder of the stakes involved. I turned to face him, meeting his gaze calmly.

"What gives you the impression that I value your opinions, Anush?" I retorted.

For Maithili's sake, I am willing to brave any storm to see her smile once more.

Raising his eyebrow at me, Anush said with a hint of authority, "your regard for Bhabhi is undeniable, Shri, whether you embrace it willingly or not. For her, you'll heed my words, regardless."

The mention of "Bhabhi" sent a wave of anticipation rippling through me.

For so long, I had waited to make Maithili mine completely.

"Shri, are you even attentive?" Anush's voice broke through my reverie, pulling me back to the present. I looked at him for a moment, before striding past him.

When Maithili nervously broached the topic of her friend's situation, I couldn't help but notice the unease etched across her delicate features.

In that instant, I vowed to do whatever it took to ensure her comfort and ease.

For Maithili, I would move mountains and part seas, such was the depth of my devotion to her well-being.

"Oh Rajadhiraj", the unexpected sound brought my strides to a sudden halt. Swiveling around, I encountered her Bhabhi Sa, Krutisha, once more obstructing my path.

Narayan, grant me patience in the face of her persistent company.

"So, where are you transporting these ropes?" she inquired with authoritative assertiveness, prompting a subtle arch of my brow in response.

Was she entirely heedless of the potential consequences of crossing me?

"It's for personal use, and I'm afraid I can't disclose the details," I responded with a touch of authority, trying to maintain composure amidst her unexpected intrusion, as I tried to walk past her.

Nevertheless, she swiftly intercepted my path, causing me to come to a halt.

With a sly grin, she handed me a glass of water, as if aware of the discomfort her presence often brought.