14] Crimson Love

WORD COUNT: 5475.

♡Please take a moment to read the message below after finishing the chapter. It holds significance♡

┈┈┈┈․° ♡ °․┈┈┈

and she's the muse who inspires my every thought.

┈┈┈┈․° ♡ °․┈┈┈┈

"Rajkumari," Adviti began, "why have you not delved into the Maharaj's mind to uncover the secret behind your confinement within these palace walls?"

If only she knew the weight of my burden, the reasons behind my choices.

Before I could formulate a response, a resounding knock echoed through the chamber, as I motioned for Adviti to remain silent while I approached the door.

With each step, my heart quickened, uncertain of who stood on the other side.

As I opened the door, relief washed over me as the sight of Shrivigya greeted me with a warm smile.

Despite the turmoil within, his presence never failed to offer solace. His eyes sparkled with affection, eliciting a smile from me as well.

Instantly, his eyes widened as he clasped my hand.

"प्रिये आप के नेत्रों में अश्रु," his concern filled words reached my ears as I shook my head, silently hoping he would drop the matter.

(My love, there are tears in your eyes)

As his gaze shifted past me, his expression softened from one of anger to concern.

"What did you say to cause Maithili's distress?" Lashing out at Adviti, he strode purposefully towards her, who appeared more terrified than I had ever seen her.

"Shri—" he didn't allow me to finish my words, instead gently guiding me to sit on the bed before turning his attention back to Adviti.

"Lady, speak the truth now, or your life will end this instant," his words struck a chord of alarm within me, and I swiftly stood up and approached him.

"Shrivigya—" as he attempted to interrupt me once more, I turned to Adviti, offering a reassuring smile as I said, "Adviti, I apologize for his behavior. Please return to your chamber," her eyes widened momentarily before she nodded and hastily exited the chamber.

"Maithili—" just as he began to speak, I interjected, my frustration evident.

"Do you always have to lose your temper at the slightest provocation? I was simply overwhelmed, and you unleashed your anger on poor Adviti," my tone held a little disappointment as I reprimanded him.