(Conservation with Lute) Part - 6

(Y/N perspective)

It seemed highly probable that whatever plan Adam had concocted had been postponed, at least temporarily. Given the circumstances, anyone traversing through hell would undoubtedly be closely monitored and stopped. I found a sense of relief after witnessing Adam learn about that then reassigning his group of exorcists to their original positions and noticing Lute nowhere in his vicinity. Consequently, I made the decision to take a break at the same bar where I first arrived in heaven. However, amidst this respite, I was confronted with shocking news: the extermination date was set for six months from now. I couldn't comprehend how Sera could allow such a thing.

(3rd person perspective)

As (Y/N) took a sip of their drink, the cool liquid provided a momentary distraction from the weight of their thoughts. With each sip, they contemplated the gravity of the situation unfolding around them, the news of the impending extermination date echoing in their mind.

The atmosphere in the bar remained unchanged, a haven of respite for the denizens of Heaven untouched by the looming threat of extermination. (Y/N) couldn't help but feel a pang of envy as they watched the other innocent souls reveling in their carefree existence, blissfully unaware of the exterminations beyond the celestial realm.

Sighing heavily, (Y/N) found themselves lost in contemplation. While others laughed and drank without a care in the world, (Y/N) couldn't shake the sense of impending doom that hung over them like a dark cloud.

Suddenly (Y/N) startled as a notebook thudded onto the table before them, their gaze snapping up to find Lute standing before them. The sudden appearance of the exorcist angel sent a jolt of apprehension coursing through (Y/N)'s veins, their mind racing with a myriad of possibilities.

With a furrowed brow, (Y/N) cautiously met Lute's gaze, their heart pounding in their chest as they awaited her next move. The notebook lay ominously on the table between them, a silent reminder of the delicate balance between trust and suspicion that hung in the air.

Lute: "I talked to Sera about the situation...I'll keep my mouth shut for now..."

Lute's declaration brought a wave of relief to (Y/N), though they remained cautious. Her presence at the table signaled a shift in the dynamic between them, one that (Y/N) approached with guarded optimism.

"Thank you," (Y/N) responded, their tone laced with a mixture of gratitude and wariness. "I appreciate your understanding."

As Lute took a seat opposite (Y/N), the air between them grew tense with unspoken tensions and uncharted territory. (Y/N) regarded her with a cautious gaze, recognizing the fragile nature of their newfound truce.

Despite the uneasy peace that settled over them, (Y/N) couldn't shake the feeling of uncertainty that lingered in the air. The memory of their encounter in the alleyway was still fresh in their minds, casting a shadow of doubt over their newfound truce.

"So, who exactly are you?" Lute pressed, her tone laced with suspicion. "Sera provided only the barest details, suggesting you're a spy for heaven, but beyond that, it's all shrouded in mystery... And why conceal your wings?"

Lute's inquiry lingered in the air, a potent mix of intrigue and skepticism. Her intense gaze bore into (Y/N), prodding for answers they were reluctant to reveal.

Feeling the weight of her scrutiny, (Y/N) shifted uncomfortably, grappling with the delicate balance between honesty and discretion. Sharing too much risked compromising the operation, yet evasion could deepen Lute's distrust. They knew they had to proceed cautiously.