6: Tease

I was a mess.

My knees were weak, my hair was messy and tangled, my panties were destroyed, and I knew the rest of my clothes weren't in a better state. Ares, however, was fine and composed like he hadn't just nailed me on the table. He looked like he could do this all night and I knew it better than anyone else just how passionate of a lover he was.

After he had wiped my tears and calmed me down from my emotional rollercoaster ride of an orgasm I could finally think straight. But that was usually how an orgasm from him made me feel. Disoriented and stumbling for balance.

Still, I managed to clean the table where he laid me not too long ago. I shuddered to think the reaction of workers tuning into work tomorrow and finding my ass prints imprinted on the table.

"Please tell me I don't look half as awful as I think I do." Ares flashed me an amused grin and I noticed a hint of smugness in it. He raked me from head to toe and gave me an approving nod. "You look well-fucked." I bit my lip in an attempt to fight the smile.

"Easy for you to say. You look unbothered."

"Mi sento benissimo, amore mio." I knew a little of the language my ancestors spoke, so I was delighted to hear him tell me that he felt amazing. The Italian rolled off his tongue fluently. It was no wonder my mom was his biggest fan.

"Let's get you cleaned up," Ares said, tugging me by the hand. I acquiesced, allowing him to lead me across the street and into the Redfire Building. The building's crescent-shaped symbol glimmered against the night sky, drawing the attention of passersby. Despite the late hour, a few people lingered in the building. The security team paid no mind to my disheveled appearance but greeted Ares as he guided me through the revolving door.

Up we went, Ares never releasing my hand. I wondered what the security personnel outside would make of me ascending with their boss at this ungodly hour.

In his office, the same room where I had recently inked the partnership agreement, I felt a curious mix of anticipation and nostalgia. The professional boundaries had already blurred the moment he appeared at my doorstep that fateful night. Our connection transcended mere business; it was a dance of secrets and shared desires. The Redfire Building, with its cryptic emblem, held more than corporate transactions—it cradled our clandestine entanglement.

"The restroom is that way," he said, gesturing toward a door that blended seamlessly with the walls. I stepped inside, my reflection in the mirror revealing the aftermath of our chaotic encounter. My makeup had smudged, my hair defied gravity and my clothes were crumpled from rough handling. Wherever my panties were, I hoped they didn't traumatize the poor fellow who found them. I wished I could salvage the dishevelled allure, but reality stared back at me—a disarray of imperfections. With a sigh, I wiped my face with the makeup wipes and splashed water to take away the grim. Taming my wild hair into a ponytail I straightened my appearance as best as I could.

I found Ares with his back turned to me, his focus on whoever was texting him.

"Do you want to use the restroom? I'm done." Keeping his phone on his desk he stepped closer. I noticed his jacket was undone and tie loosened, a mix of sexy and little rattled look made me think of wild things I'd do to him.

"Let me take you out for dinner. We'll eat and then we'll go home, okay?"

"You'll drop me home." I corrected. As much as I wanted him again after he had shown me what he was capable of not I needed to keep my head straight and think what I was doing in life and that could only happen when Ares wasn't screwing me.

A frown settled between his brows, but he didn't argue.

He left me to tidy himself. The city sprawled beneath us, its pulse relentless, as if sleep were an alien concept. Life surged through its veins, fuelled by ambition and urgency.