32: Rome

The shock reverberated through my veins, leaving me breathless. At twenty-one, I had woven dreams of lilies lining the aisle, their delicate petals brushing against my white dress—the most exquisite gown I'd ever seen. My friends and family would gather, eyes glistening with emotion, but my focus remained unwavering. It was fixed solely on Ares, standing at the aisle's end, gorgeous in a tuxedo reminding me of the kind he wore on our first date.

The certainty of our future enveloped me. After graduation, I wanted to marry him, yet I held back, waiting for his proposal. Desperation surged when I discovered the ring box tucked away in our shared apartment. Still, I resisted, hoping he would go down on one knee before me, uttering those life-altering words.

My mind danced with possibilities. Would he whisk me away on a romantic date, the question hidden amidst candlelit dinner conversations? Maybe he would hide it in a glass of or be concealed within a dessert. Or maybe, just maybe, he'd shower me with roses and kisses before revealing his heart's desire. The anticipation was both exhilarating and nerve-wracking—a symphony of hope and uncertainty.

It all seemed romantic to me, but none could compare to the intimacy of asking the question while both of us were bare, touching each other, connected in the most primal way possible.

So, I said, "Yes," and he shuddered, jerking inside me and started spilling his release into me. It set me off and triggered my orgasm as well.

"Oh fuck, Luna. Fuck, fuck!" he cursed as he kept coming for eternity. No one could tell he was on his third orgasm in a span of three hours. I wasn't complaining either when he filled me so full, there was no more room inside me. Ares barely softened.

A long moment passed, and we finally calmed down from our post orgasmic high.

"This is not how I imagined I'd propose." He confessed and I had to agree.

"I was going to do something grand and woo you with flowers and romantic dinner." Ares stared at the ceiling but I couldn't look away from his face. He was simply breathtaking.

"I think its romantic." I loved that he was so overcome with the need to make me his that he couldn't wait. "It's unconventional but so hot. Although I'm worried how I'm going to explain it to my family when they ask me how you proposed. My poor mom is going to have a heart attack when she learns you did while holding me hostage with your cock." Ares laughed and my insides melted. Was there going to be a day when I'd stop feeling butterflies in my stomach hearing the sound? I didn't think so.

"I thought so. My mom is going to flip anyway." It was evident that she didn't like Ares and had not forgiven him for hurting me even though I was trying to put the past behind me.

"Cara," Ares understood my worries; his face turned serious. I interrupted him before he spoke, saying, "No one can change my mind, Ares. I love you, and I want to be your wife." I wanted him to know that he came first now. Nothing anyone said could alter how I felt about him.

"About that," he turned sideways to face me with one of his arms supporting his head. I felt my blood heat with the view of him flexing pure muscles. Like a Greek God, he was impossibly, divinely gorgeous and so virile. My gaze fell to his semi-hard cock and my clit fluttered in excitement. I was glad he didn't notice me ogling him like a pervert. The last thing I wanted was for him to think I was some insatiable, sex-starved slut.

His sex-hoarse voice wasn't doing me any favours either. "I talked to your parents, love. I asked them for their blessings."

My spine straightened. There's nothing he could've said that'd shock me more than the news of him asking my parents for their permission to marry me.