26: Brunch- Part 1

I had no idea what Sunday brunch involved for wealthy mafia families. I imagined it was a day the mob guys gathered with their families and drank, letting themselves lose for one day when they weren't doing illicit activities. I shuddered to think what that word entailed for the Rafaellis. Ares was no saint. The massive wealth came from defrauding the governments around the world. It scared me to think of him ever getting caught. Ares, however, wasn't afraid. I was full of questions and he took the entire Saturday explaining to me what kind of work he did, the enemies he had and how he had the most skilled professionals at his beck and call to get him out of trouble. I faintly remembered reading some of those scandals he mentioned in the news and was shocked to know he was the man behind them. The government turned a blind eye to what he did and it was no secret why. Money kept everyone happy and the mafia paid anyone who would talk. Either that or they'd shut their voices forever.

Noticing my frown, he had diverted the topic but I could tell he had no intention of ever stopping his deeds. I didn't like it but I couldn't make him stop.

It doesn't work like that. He told me.

I was worried he was doing immoral things but then I held myself back from asking him. Of course, he wasn't. He was not a bad man. The man I loved would never harm the innocent. I trusted him and his conscience.

"Does this dress make me look slutty?" I asked twirling in front of the mirror. The powder blue dress was designed in a way that made my waist look tiny and at the same time emphasized my boobs. The thin straps on my shoulders ran all the way down my back exposing more skin than I imagined. It was a perfect blend of sexy and cute. The hem of the dress ended just below my knee and I paired it with nude heels. I also styled my hair in soft waves just to give it a little more volume. Since it was a day event, I kept my makeup dewy and minimal.

I watched Ares lift his head from the screen of his laptop for the first time since I started getting ready. He had made occasional passes at me but never paid any real attention until now. He wore a white shirt and tucked it into his usual dress slacks. He didn't wear any jacket affording me the gorgeous view of his peculiar physique. His hair fell nicely over his collar and I bit my cheek from the inside remembering how I had pulled on the inky strands this morning when he ploughed onto me on this very bed he sat on. I had planned on taking some courage from him before I met his family and that was my sole intention in showing up in his apartment at seven in the morning but I had found him sleeping in the nude and his morning wood throbbing against his skin. I couldn't resist waking him up with kisses. He was more than happy to reward me.

"Mhmm, let me take a closer look." He left his laptop on the bed and towered over me even in my heels. His gaze was hot even as his body was relaxed in the state of a well-fucked male. Ares shamelessly ogled my tits and gave me an appreciating grin.
"Bellisima. You have such pretty tits." He was right, the dress was indeed emphasizing my boobs but not in a vulgar way. I thought I looked decent enough to meet my guy's family.

We drove a long way to his family estate. I wasn't nervous earlier but as we passed the metallic gates of the driveway my palms grew damp.

"It's going to be fine, love." Ares sensed my thoughts as he always did. He was always so observant and caring. I drew my strength from him by nuzzling my head against his shoulder. The long driveway led up to what I could only describe as a castle.

It was a blend of Victorian style architecture with modern touches. The lush greenery around the Rafaelli home gave a false sense of calm to the average man. Although, I doubted an average man was permitted to have a look. The heavy security lined around the gates to the estate would make sure no one trespassed. I stepped out when Jason opened the door to the SUV. The gravelled path led up to a huge pond right in the centre of the estate with colourful fish swimming in it and potted flowers around it. A large fountain sprayed water high in the sky and was illuminated with soft lights.
A few of Ares's men saw him and turned our way. I recognised some of them. Ares came around me and slid his hand around my waist.