Chapter Six

Chapter Six
Flesh and Blood

**Phoebe was right, she had learned Isabel was shot but luckily survived

**
Phoebe was right, she had learned Isabel was shot but luckily survived. She was relieved to know that she was okay. Tim acted like Phoebe didn't exist he went back to ignoring her at the station. Every time he walked passed her, Phoebe would stop and stare in hopes he would turn around and apologize. But he never did. She was confused, she didn't know what she did wrong.

Phoebe gets to the station she walks over to the briefing room already finding some officers sitting, Including Tim sitting down. Grey walks over to the podium and immediately gets started.

"All right. Look alive, look alive. Officer Nolan, you ready?" Grey asks. Officer Nolan nods his head "Yes sir" he replies.

Grey nods "Good. Now, answer me this. What is your favorite part about the job? And don't say 'To make a difference'. He says.

Nolan nods although that's what exactly he was going to say "I wasn't going to but it is" he says. Grey rolls his eyes "What's your least favorite?" He asks.

"Oh easy, paperwork" he says causing everyone to agree. Captain Anderson steps into the room dressed in full patrol uniform. Everyone starts to whistle in surprise. Phoebe looks over at her mom with wide eyes.

"Imagine how I feel" her mom says before continuing "Most of what a captain does is paperwork. 'Cause of that, I feel like I've lost touch with what being a cop is really about. People. It's not only the citizens that we serve and protect. It's every single one of you in this room. So, to remedy that, I've decided Sergeant Grey and I are gonna ride patrol today." She says.

Phoebe looks over at the rookies who were all eager at the opportunity to ride with the captain.

Jackson raises his hand "Captain I'd be honored to ride patrol with you" he says.

Zoe nods her head with a smile "That is sweet, Officer West, but today I'm riding with Officer Chen." She says. Lucy looks over with a look of anxiety as she realized who she was paired with.

Meanwhile Grey was paired with Officer Nolan who seemed less than thrilled. Grey looks over at Phoebe "You can ride with Officer Bradford today. Since he'll be down a rookie" he says to her.

Phoebe hid her wide eyes. The last thing she wanted to do was be in a car with Tim. Phoebe raises her hand getting the attention of her mother and Grey.

"Is it okay if I ride with a different T.O today. Just so I can get a different perspective?" she says although both her and Tim knew it was a lie.