Chapter 31

Her words hurt in ways I didn't know were possible. Why is she saying this? I questioned well she was telling me to leave. Why?

But her words did make sense. She wanted me gone, I knew that. I just didn't want to believe it.

I walked pass her mail box, making my way towards my car, which was parked down the street. I parked there, so her parents wouldn't know I was there. As I was walking I heard my phone ringing in my pocket. I grabbed for it fast hoping it was Taylor.

"Hello?" I questioned, not even bothering to look at caller I.D.

"Dude? Where are you? Morning practice is about to start." Zayn questioned, with a bit of worry in his voice. I wonder why?

"Don't even start with me." I paused, focusing on the idea that I'm not mad at anyone but Taylor, "Not coming to practice today, I'm having some family problems." I lied and hoped that Zayn didn't question it. 

"Okay?" Zayn mumbled back, knowing full well that I was lying. 

"Bye." I pressed the end button on my phone and continued walking to my car. 

Why was she acting that way? Why was she so upset? I had no time to answer myself, because my phone was ringing once again. This time I looked at the caller I.D, it was Liam. 

"Hello?" 

"Liam What's up?" 

"I heard your not coming to practice? Might I ask why?" 

"I don't really want to talk about it."

"So judging by that answer it's not family problems?"

"It's Taylor problems." 

"What happen?" 

"I don't want to talk about it Liam." 

"Niall just tell me." 

"She was just acting not like herself this morning. And it just got to me. "

"How was she acting?"

"Like she was upset about something. Or like she didn't want me to know something."

"Just talk to her, I have to go." And then the call was over. What the hell was that?

Zayn's P.O.V-

"I just talked to Niall and he said he wasn't coming to practice today because of family problems. But if you ask me I think he had a fight with Taylor." I told Liam as we began our laps around the pitch. 

"I highly doubt they have gotten into a fight. They are like made for each other." Liam smiled at me. But I knew he already talked to Niall, and he was trying to cover up for Niall. 

"I don't know. Perfect couple have trouble, like us." I laughed cheekily and ran faster, making Liam pick up the pace. 

"Zayn I swear sometimes i just want to-

"Kiss me?" I questioned stopping and turning so I stopped Liam right in his tracks.

"Hit you." He finished, stepping towards me. I for a split second I honestly thought he was going to smack me. But instead he grabbed my hand and placed into his own. Moving around so now we walk hand and hand around the pitch. Knowing full well that the whole football team was watching. It was quite a funny site, to guys all dressed up in football gear walking hand and hand around the pitch. 

"What do you say we ditch practice and head out on a date?" I questioned.

"I think that sounds perfect." He cooed, walking faster back to the bench.

"Where do you think you guys are going?" Coach questioned a few moments later, as Liam and I packed up our gear. I tried my fastest to think of something good, something that we need to involve two people, but it just didn't come to me. 

"Coach I don't feel so well and I don't think I can drive myself, so could Zayn drive me home?" Liam lied, quickly if I might add. Gosh he is perfect. 

"I guess, but both of you better be back here tomorrow ready to practice. And next time keep the relationship stuff to a minimum." Coach laughed it off, walking back to the huddle of boys waiting for his instructions. 

I got up from the ground quickly and made my over to Liam, who now was pretending to be sick, not very well though. I grabbed his hand and made him stand up. 

"I guess Coach bought it." He laughed, or either Coach just wants us to be gone. "We better go." Liam said pulling out his car keys. 

"Wait I thought you said I was going to drive you?" I laughed. I grabbed my car keys from my back pack and grabbed Liam's and placed them in my pocket, knowing full well that if I didn't he would find a way for me to let him drive. 

"I think we should stop by and see Niall before we do anything." Liam stated, as I opened the passenger door for him. I nodded, but didn't say anything further. "What do you think?" He pleaded, when I stepped into my car.

"I think that you're an awesome friend and let's go, I guess. But I much rather be on a date with you." I smiled, playfully. 

"Whatever, just drive, lover boy." Liam mocked. 

The ride was silent, but a calming silence, one that didn't make us question wether to talk or not. I wanted to bring up the fact that we still didn't talk about the fight we had the other day about the whole apartment thing, I just find Liam to be too stubborn, and I bet he feels the same way. I just wish we can be together in our apartment already. We have to talk about it, I make sure traffic is clear and pull to the side of the road, making sure I was in way parking illegally. 

"What are you doing?" Liam questioned, with a surprised look. 

"We need to talk." 

"Talk about what?" Liam questioned. 

"About the apartment and when you are going to come live with me." The words just stubbled out, with no control. I didn't mean to sound so demanding. 

"Zayn I don't think we should talk about this right now." Liam said, turning his body a little bit towards me. "I want to move in right away, but I just don't feel right because you did so much for that apartment and I did nothing. Nothing." He emphasized nothing. 

"You want to know a secret?" I question.  Liam nodded, " You want know why it was so easy for me get rid of the football, because it reminded me of a time when i wasn't happy and if I could trade that football for more happy moments with you, I would do it over and over again. Liam I know you think you don't deserve this, but you do. We both do, you deserve the world. So just lets do it, I want to spend every moment with you, I want happiness with you." I paused, " I love you." 

"And I love you." Liam smiled, leaning over and slowly kissing my lips. "I hate to break this moment but we should really go check on Niall." Liam smiles pulling away from me, his lips are red and mine can't take the distance, but I hold back. Smiling and pulling back onto the road, in the direction of Niall's house.