Chapter 5

I wanted to back out of the room but my feet wouldn't budge. It was like they were magnetically pulled to Niall and I could do nothing to stop them. I was so exhausted that my irritation towards him became a minimal when I saw the comfortable bed he was siting on. I was just so damn tired. I came towards him and sat down a good space away from him on the bed and looked over at him. 

  "Do you want me to, uh, leave?" I asked when I saw his tense position. I really didn't want to leave, but I didn't want to cause him discomfort. Because no matter how much of a jerk he was, I still loved him. I knew that nothing could happen, that was out of the question, but I still cared deeply for him.   

"No!" He sputtered out before regaining his composure. "I mean, it's no big deal. I just needed to get away from the party." He said and ran a hand through his hair. I felt slightly bad for him. It seemed like he was always everywhere, but never wanted to be there. He let out a tired sigh and rubbed his face with his hands in agrivation. I felt my heart leap towards him as I slowly scooted towards him. I put my hand on his tense shoulder and felt him slightly relax as I rubbed up and down his arm hesitantly, trying to sooth him. I cleared my throat before speaking. 

"Why did you have to leave the party?" I asked and hoped to receive an honest answer, but knowing deep down that that might not happen.   

"Why do you care?" He muttered shyly, looking hurt. I looked away because I knew that if I saw the sad look on his face, it would hurt me just as much.   

"I-I care because I care about you. Maybe, if you want I mean, we could be friends or somthing?" I stuttered out. Slowly, as he prosessed the words, he nodded and smiled at me. I couldn't help but let a big cheesy grin cover my face as I looked at him. His smile could brighten up my day any day.   

"Look, how about we re-start. I'm sorry for what I said at lunch the other day, I shouldn't have said it and I know it. I am truly sorry." He said as he shyly looked into my eyes.    I gave him a smile and put my hand out.

"Yeah, let's being again. I'm Taylor Johnson and you are...?" I said with a wide grin on my face when I hear him chuckle. He placed his hand in mine.

"Niall. Niall Horan, it's a pleasure to meet you." He said and shook my hand wth a smile. This was a start to a beautiful beginning.         

Hopefully.