Chapter 7

Niall's POV

I, Niall James Horan, am scared. Scared doesn't even seem to describe the emotions that I'm feeling. Terrified is more like it, yes, I'm terrified. I'm terrified of her, the short and beautiful girl that sits to the left of me. I'm scared because I love her. I'm scared that if I come fourth and tell her I love her, that people will ruin us, ruin her.  I love Taylor more than I can fathom, but I'm so scared to be with her in fear of what people would do.  I want to be able to tell her how much I love her, how beautiful she is and how happy she makes me. But with my past, I can't have anything hurt my future. 

As we sit here, talking and cracking jokes, I can't help but let myself fall more in love with her. Her laugh, her smile, her scent, her eyes can light up a room. Everything about her makes me happy, it makes me feel this warm sensation on the inside that I never want to go away. 

So why can't I just be happy with her?

It's because the world is unfair and cruel. But the world can't break me, only she can. What can break me is the idea that she could never love me like I love her; ridiculously and unconditionally. 

I love her more than even I could ever imagine. And me meaning nothing to her... That could hurt more than not being able to be with her in public. I love her. And I can't stand even the thought of her not loving me. 

Taylor's POV

As we sit here, I can't help but fall more and more in love with him. What pains me is that there's nothing I can do but hide it. Even though it's harder for me to say this than one would think, he doesn't love me back. 

Why would he love a girl like me? I'm nothing compared to the girls that he's friends with and the girls he's dated. I'm nothing more than a sad little girl with no life and few friends. While he is a jock with more friends than you could imagine. He has everything, people who support him, he's popular, very very very attractive and universities are probably lining up at his door.  He is perfect, everything about him wakes me up; his smile, his eyes, smell, laugh, everything. He is more than I could ever imagine. He is living proof that perfection is possible. 

I love him. 

The only question is; will he ever love me back?

Could he ever love me?