Chapter 9

I need to know what Niall wants to talk about, it's killing me thinking about it. I want to know what he's going to say to me. I hope that it isn't anything bad and he just wants to make sure that I don't tell anyone about our 'talk', because if so, I can deal with that. 

  I walked slowly to class, which just happened to be with Mr. Horan himself. It was just after lunch and I hope that he doesn't plan on talking during class, I haven't prepared myself enough mentally. I was planning on talking after class and that way I had this whole period to prep myself for all of the possibilities of what he would say.  I walked into class and searched for Louis, praying that Niall wouldn't see me. I hoped that Louis wasn't still mad about the whole thing, I know that he wanted to hurt Niall, but I was pretty sure that he wouldn't do anything.    With my luck, Louis wasn't even in class so I headed strait to my desk where I was stuck with my head swirling around with the thoughts of what Niall wanted to talk about. I was spacing out thinking about it, and didn't come back into reality until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see a sad looking Niall gazing at me with big ice blue puppy dog eyes. As I looked into them, I couldn't help but fall more and more in love with him, even though I was still upset with him about the whole ordeal.   

"What do you want?" I asked, trying to act like he was nothing more to me than an annoying kid trying to talk to me. When the reality of the situation was that I was more than tempted to jump into his arms and kiss him. But that probably wouldn't be appropriate right now, and he'd most likely hate me afterwords.   

"I just wanted to talk to you about what happened at the party." He said as he looked down at his hands which were playing with his keys. He seemed so nervous, which had me questioning why and almost feeling bad for being mean. Almost. The feeling quickly vanished when I realized what he was going to ask.   

"What? Do you want me not to tell anyone? Do you want me to keep my mouth shut so it doesn't hurt your popularity for hanging around with a sad little nerd like me?" I seethed, looking down at the ground so that he wouldn't see the tears gathering in my eyes. I didn't look a him, I couldn't. I wanted him to tell me that I was wrong, and that he didn't want me to keep my mouth shut, but no words were spoken from him.    I looked around and noticed that no one was in the class much to my happiness. I wanted to hit myself in the head for not remembering that class had gotten moved to the garden which I would have remembered if I hadn't been so distracted with thoughts of Niall. I quickly grabbed my bag and raced down the hall before he could say a word. I didn't need to hear the hurtful words he was bound to say to me. I heard him yell after me, but didn't turn around. I couldn't let him see me like this. I wouldn't embarrass my self any further than I already have. So I kept running down the deserted hallway until I came across the janitors closet. I threw the door open and ran inside of it, throwing my bag on the ground in the process.    I wrapped my arms around my self as a layer of protection and cried. I cried my eyes out because the boy that I love, that I've loved for years, he doesn't love me back. He never will, he's embarrassed of me. And that brings on more pain than I could handle. So I cried.   

After some time, there was a knock on the door. Figuring that it was probably the janitor wanting his closet back, I wiped my eyes and opened the door. But instead of having the elderly janitor standing in front of me, I had Niall.   

"Taylor? Is that you? Are you okay?" His soft Irish voice echoed through my ears as I opened the door.    Before I could do anything, he stepped inside of the closet and gently pushed me back. He flicked the light on and closed the door before he spoke.   

"I need to talk and you need to listen" he said firmly.   

Niall's POV

  I didn't know what to say. Seeing her hurt, hurt me. I had to tell her.    I need to tell her that I want to be with her, that I want to be her boyfriend. I don't care if it's 'cool' or not. All that matters is that I will have her, be able to hold her and love her. I want her-no, I need her. And I need her now, I've waited to long.    I waited for her to say something while we stood in close proximity (not that I was complaining) in the janitors closet.   

Her eyes were red from crying which notified me that she had been crying. I wanted to tell her that everything will be perfectly fine and everything will work itself out, but I know that that was a lie. I knew that once I told her I loved her that everything would change, I was ready. But was she? I love you taylor with all my heart, and everyone better get used to it because if I have anything to say about it, we will be together for a very long time.

Maybe even forever.