Chapter 03

It was yet another awkward, quiet breakfast at the Caddel Mannor when Celeste Caddel spoke.

"You'll be going to Diagon Alley to get your wand and robes today, one of the elves will be going with you to get the rest of your things."

"Right."

"Right?" Celeste repeated raising an eyebrow in a threatening manner.

"I meant yes, mother."  The young blonde corrected quickly, fighting the urge to roll her eyes. "May I be excused from the table?"

"Yes, you may." Atticus dismissed her.

Cassiopeia got out of her seat and walked up to her room with a huge grin on her face. 

" Mater Caddel ordered Tinky to accompany the young mistress to Diagon Alley." the small elf appeared in front of Cassie as she made her way toward her room.

" Hey, Tinky!" She greeted the elf with much enthusiasm. "I thought I already told you to just call me Cassie."

"Tinky apologizes to young mistr- to Cassie."

"It's fine, when can we go?"

"Whenever youn- Cassie is ready!"

Cassiopeia grinned."I'm ready." And with that Tinky apparated both of them into Diagon Alley. The sun shone brightly on a stack of cauldrons outside the nearest shop. Cauldrons - All Sizes - Copper, Brass, Pewter, Silver - Self-stirring - Collapsible said a sign hanging over them. A low, soft hooting came from a dark shop with a sign saying Eeylops Owl Emporium - Tawny, Screech, Barn, Brown, and Snowy. 

"Tinky will go get Cassie's books from 'Flourish and Blotts'." The elf handed a small heavy pouch to Cassiopeia who assumed it was full of money.

 " How about you meet me back here at" she looked at her handwatch, it was currently quarter past nine."- eleven thirty?"

Tinky nodded at her and apparated away, leaving the eleven-year-old to wander around. Cassiopeia stood in her spot for two minutes, just scanning around her in amazement. She had never been to Diagon Alley before, and to say she felt overjoyed was an understatement.

She decided to walk around and get her robes first, despite it being her first time there, she knew which shops to look for. Cassiopeia looked down at the extra paper that she had duplicated of her supplies even though she was sure she had probably already memorized it by the amount of times she went over it.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL

of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY
*****************************

UNIFORM

First-year students will require:

Three sets of plain work robes (black)One plain pointed hat (black) for day one-wear pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags.

COURSE BOOKS

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

 - The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

 - A History of Magic By Bathilda Bagshot

 - Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

 - A Beginners' Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

 - One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

 - Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

 - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

 - The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

 - 1 wand

 - 1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

 - 1 set of glass or crystal phials

 - 1 telescope

 - 1 set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a dog OR a toad

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS