Chapter 27

"If you're not down here in two minutes, Cassiopeia, I'll make that nasty scar on your face look like a-"

"I'M COMING!" Cassiopeia yelled from her room, cutting off her mother's threat. The young girl stared at herself in the floor-length mirror. She wore a burgundy Southern Belle/Victorian ball gown with a fitted bodice and a voluminous skirt. It features ruffled shoulders, a large shoulder bow, and tiered white underskirts. The ornate design has ruffled details and a dramatic, floor-length silhouette.

She wore her hair in a voluminous, curly updo with a sophisticated yet casual look. Her hair was gathered at the nape of her neck in a messy low ponytail, with loose curls cascading down. Two thin braids crown her head, adding texture and interest, while soft tendrils frame her delicate face.

Her red heels echoed in the halls as she descended the stairs. Celeste's eyes widened when she saw her daughter. "Whatever do you think you're doing!?"

"Walking down the stairs?"

"I won't tolerate that behavior! Why is your hair brown?" The blonde woman hissed.

"It looks like this is my natural hair color," Cassiopeia smiled.

"Are we ready to leave yet or not-" Atticus stopped mid-sentence when he caught sight of his daughter. "What the devil is wrong with you!? Change your hair back to normal right this instant!"

"How about no?"

"How dare you-"

"Celeste, it's fine!" Atticus pinched the bridge of his nose, then pointed a stubby finger at the little girl and said, "I'll deal with you when we're back home!"

The Caddels apparated to the Nott Manor. The grand ballroom was adorned with towering Christmas trees, draped in twinkling fairy lights and shimmering ornaments. Crystal chandeliers cast a warm, golden glow over the room, highlighting the opulent decor. The scent of pine and cinnamon filled the air, enhancing the festive and elegant atmosphere.

The guests arrived in their finest attire, with women in shimmering gowns adorned with sequins and jewels, and men in impeccably tailored dress robes. The overall effect was one of timeless elegance, as everyone mingled and danced under the glittering chandeliers, creating a scene straight out of a fairy tale.

Cassiopeia's hazel eyes scanned the room until she caught sight of a mop of black hair standing next to a tall woman and another little boy. The little girl grinned and started making her way there when she was yanked back.

"Don't cause trouble." Her mother whispered threateningly in her ear, then patted her shoulder and smiled. Cassiopeia fought the urge to roll her eyes and instead nodded and once again made her way over to the Blacks.

"Good evening, Mrs Black,"

The woman and her two sons turned around to face her. Sirius' face brightened and the miserable look on his face was instantly replaced with a huge grin.

"Oh, Cassiopeia, you look divine!" Walburga smiled. "And I love your new hair! Although I believe blonde suited you better,"

"Thank you, Mrs Black. You look stunning yourself." Cassiopeia smiled politely. "Mind if I steal Sirius for a bit?"

"Yes, yes." Walburga made a gesture with her hand to go on.

"Thank you! Bye, Regulus!" The youngest Black only hid behind his mother.

"What've you done to your hair?" was the first thing Sirius asked when they were far away.

"You don't like it?" She pouted sarcastically.

"Nah, I think it looks better. Your parents let you dye your hair?"

Cassiopeia grinned at this and said, "Check out what I can do," She imagined her hair in a dark red, similar to Lily's. She giggled at the look on Sirius' face. His eyes were wide with shock and awe.