Chapter 12

The trio walked into the transfiguration classroom only a minute before class started. Cassiopeia noticed that they had transfiguration with the Slytherins.

Spotting an empty seat next to Marlene who was talking to Alice and Lily behind her, Cassiopeia excused herself and sat beside her.

"Oh, hey, Cassie!" Alice greeted her with a warm smile.

"Hey, guys! How are you on this fine day?" She imitated a very posh accent and they all giggled.

"What did you guys do last night?" Marlene asked with interest.

"You mean James, Sirius, and I?"

"Yep!"

"We sneaked out," Cassiopeia smiled sheepishly.

"No way! That's so cool!"

"No, it's not! Gryffindor is still at negative five points, we could've been at twenty-five points instead." Lily scolded.

"Oh loosen up, Lils"

"Yeah, don't be such a goody-two-shoes," They teased her and the ginger rolled her eyes.

"Where is the teacher anyway?"

"Professor McGonagall should be here any minute,"

"Professor McGonagall is our transfiguration teacher?"

"Yeah,"

Just then the door shut, everyone looked around for the professor but there was no sign of her.

They all gasped when the cat on the desk changed into their stern professor.

"That was brilliant!" Cassiopeia shouted and a few more murmurs followed.

"Thank you, Miss Caddel," Professor McGonagall averted her gaze to the rest of the class. "I am Professor McGonagall and I will be teaching you transfiguration until your fifth year, unless you don't continue with the subject after your Owls, then we will be seeing each other until the end of your time at Hogwarts."

"Transfiguration is some of the most complex and dangerous magic you will learn at Hogwarts. Anyone messing around in my class will leave and not come back. You have been warned." 

Professor McGonagall pointed her wand at her desk, and with a flash of light, the desk was now a pig. Then with another jet of light, the desk was back again and the pig was gone.

"Woa!" James exclaimed loudly along with many other students.

"There are four types of transfiguration. You will be learning all of this through the years. Can anyone name them?" 

Lily's hand shot up along with a few other students.

"Miss Evans?"

"Transformation, Untransfiguration, Vanishment, and Conjuration."

" That is correct, five points to Gryffindor."

Professor McGonagall started her lecture, and they learned that they wouldn't be transforming furniture into animals for a long time.

"You will each be handed a match, and you are to turn it into a needle by the end of class. We have discussed the spell, the wand movement, and everything you need to know."

Unlike during herbology, Cassiopeia paid attention to the lecture. It definitely wasn't as boring as the herbology lecture.

More than a dozen matches came soaring through the air each landing in front of each student. Cassiopeia eagerly took out her wand.