CHAPTER 35: WE GOTTA START SOMEWHERE!!

CHRIS

CHRIS

I was emotional drained for this we really didn't talk much about what happen we really talk more about happened years ago to see where we meaning me and Dr. John went wrong I held Deanna's hand the whole time a few times I felt her move her hand from me but I would quickly grab it and kiss it and I kept looking at her and she did show any emotion to what I was saying she didn't talk while we talked she just looked at me and shook her head and didn't say much. Not until John started asking her questions she loosened up and started talking to him and wrapped her arms around mine. The next day we was in the more homie side of the treatment center it was still on the grounds of the center but it was like a 1 bedroom house but they still came and went thru our things and took our cell phones. But the house was nice.

I woke up a bit after seven and smelled something. I put on my robe, walked out into the kitchen, and saw Deanna fixing breakfast.

"Hi, Love, I thought I'd try making breakfast for you." She pointed at the table "Sit down, it'll be ready in a minute." She said

I looked at her preparations and sat down. "Don't let the eggs cook too long, the yolks will get hard." I said and she glanced at me with a dirty look and went back to what she was doing. I looked at the toaster "The toast's going to burn, you better get it out."

She threw down the spatula "Okay, Mr. Perfect, you finish it," she said and then stormed out of the kitchen.

I sat there for a second and got up and went to the toaster and I popped the toast out, turned the mess in the skillet into somewhat hard scrambled eggs, and then called to her.

"Bae? Come on, I'm sorry, everything's ready." No answer. "Bae?" I said as I walked into the bedroom. She was getting dressed "Where are you going?"

She walked over and, as she raised her hand, I thought she was going to slap me. Instead she patted my cheek "I'll be back in about a half hour. You go ahead and eat." She said and gave me a quick peck on the lips and walked out, ignoring my questions.

I ate, cleaned the kitchen, and then sat down and watched cartoons before she got back. After about 45 minutes she walked in she tossed her purse onto the table, came over to me, and started to sit on the couch next to me I pulled her down on my lap.

"Hey bae" I said

"Hey Chris" she said and looked at the TV and I put my arms around her waist and kissed her and kissed her neck and she looked back at me.

"Look about earlier I'm sorry I just no excuses I'm sorry tomorrow I'll make breakfast for you" I said and I saw her smile a little ever since what happen she haven't really smiled just small fake smiles.

"Do you really wanna be here Chris be honest?" she asked

"Yes I do I wanna fix this and our marriage isn't going to happen like this again" I said