୨୧ 009

Meanwhile,Somewhere else in Japan,In a small, friendly neighborhood

Meanwhile,
Somewhere else in Japan,
In a small, friendly neighborhood..

Third Person's POV

The room was dimly lit, with only the flickering glow of the television illuminating the faces of the two girls huddled together on a couch. The opening credits of a psychological horror movie rolled, setting an eerie atmosphere in the room.

As the movie unfolded, Sakura, Kana's one and only best friend, couldn't help but gripped Kana's arm tightly, her knuckles turning white with fear. Her wide eyes were glued to the screen, absorbing every chilling moment. Every jump scare, every ominous sound made her heart race faster.

Beside her, Kana, seemed strangely unperturbed. She lounged comfortably on the couch, occasionally munching on cookies as if she were watching a comedy rather than a horror flick. Her expression remained stoic, almost bored.

"K-Kana-chan, can we please watch a different movie?" Sakura stuttered, her voice trembling. Kana chortled, casting a sideways glance at her best friend. "Come on, Sacchan, it's not that bad. Just relax and enjoy the thrill."

But Sakura couldn't relax. She buried her face in Kana's shoulder, unable to tear her gaze away from the screen even as she shivered uncontrollably. Every creak of the floorboards, every whispered dialogue, sent chills down her entire body.

As the tension in the movie reached its peak, Sakura's grip on Kana tightened, her breaths coming in shallow gasps. "I-I can't take it anymore, Kana-chan." She begged the white-haired girl to stop watching. "Please, can we turn it off?" 

But Kana merely shrugged off her plea, her demeanor oddly calm in contrast to Sakura's panic. "You've got to tough it out. It's just a movie. You'll be fine."

Sakura looked at Kana with wide, pleading eyes, unable to comprehend how her friend could be so unaffected by the horrifying images on the screen. She was about to open her mouth to oppose when a character's scream pierced through the tension, causing her to shriek from the top of her lungs.

"Oh! It finally gets interesting." The tension mounted in the movie, and Sakura's pleas to turn it off fell on deaf ears. Kana simply laughed off her distress, dismissing it as an overreaction. "Don't be such a scaredy-cat. The best part is here!"

However, for Sakura, every passing moment felt like an eternity of terror. She clung to Kana, her nails digging into her arm. As the movie reached its climax, Kana's excitement grew, her attention completely absorbed by the unfolding terror on the screen.

Sakura felt a pang of betrayal as she realized her friend had become more interested in the movie than in her own distress. "Kana-chan, please," she whispered, her voice barely audible over the movie's soundtrack.

Kana was too engrossed to notice, her eyes glued to the screen, her heartbeat quickening with anticipation. She leaned forward, her breath catching as the plot twisted and turned, oblivious to Sakura's trembling form beside her. Feeling utterly alone in her terror, Sakura squeezed her eyes shut, blocking out the horrors on the screen as best she could. She wished desperately for the movie to end, for the nightmare to be over.