Mahito: The Soul

There were quite a few transfigured humans in the sewer system when she and Nanami entered. Nanami easily took them out. Haku honestly felt like she was not pulling her weight. She was amazed at how skilled Nanami was. She guessed she should have expected as much. Gojo had called him reliable after all. Still, she was impressed.

Nanami pulled at his shirt collar. "Would you come out already? Even though their disfigured and lost causes, it puts a bad taste in my mouth killing former humans." Haku readily agreed to that statement. 

"Oh good! If it had been Gojo Satoru it would have been a problem, but someone weak wouldn't be worth experimenting on." A patched faced humanoid curse walked from the darkness. He eyed Nanami then looked over to Haku, clapping his hands together rather pleased. "Oh hey, you're one of the 3 conditions! The wellspring! How fortunate! Though maybe it's a little too soon."

Conditions? What was he talking about? Haku glanced at Nanami who had a sour look on his face. The curse before them had quite a lot of power. This was going to be dicey. Haku would do whatever it took to not be a hinderance. 

Nanami moved himself in front of Haku. "Listen to me Haku-san. You need to get out of here." Wait what? He was telling her to run? "Contact Ichiji and let him know what's going on. Have him send backup." So it really was that serious.

 Haku nodded, then slightly raised her hand. "Ok but um Nanami-san." The sorcerer glanced back at the white haired girl. "I don't have a phone."

Nanami deadpanned. "You what?"

Haku reiterated. "I don't have a phone. Megumi was supposed to take me to get one, then everything happened at the detention center and..." She trailed off.

Nanami gave an exasperated sigh. Gojo seriously did not think to get the girl from the ancient era a phone when he took responsibility for her? Before he could say anything else the curse was on them. Haku dodged to the side while Nanami used his cursed technique to deal a blow. 

The patched faced curse Mahito tried to block, but jumped back when he realized he took damage. "Oh, I was pretty sure I defended against that. Some kind of cursed technique?" He dangled the arm in the air, looking at the wound.

Nanami scoffed. "I don't appreciate questions that can be left to interpretation."

"Oh, yay! Seems you don't mind talking!" Mahito looked pleased. "What about you girl?"

"Depends on who." Haku commented. Nanami grunted in agreement.

"Well then, let me ask you two, what do you think came first: the body or the soul?" Mahito grinned.

"The former." Nanami answered.

"I say the latter." Haku had her own opinions on that.

Mahito looked pleased. "The girl's right!! Let me ask what brought you to that conclusion?"

"Because otherwise my existence makes no sense." Haku stated. "If the Wellspring was a body and not a soul first, then how would it pass on and be reborn as a new person? If the body determined everything, the curse would have died with the first Wellspring."

"Interesting prospect." Mahito hummed. Her idea made some sense to him, given his own ideals. "The shape of the body will always be dependent on the soul." Mahito's arm started to return to normal. "See I'm not healing, just reshaping my soul." He pulled out tiny little doll looking creatures, and turned one into a monster. "My cursed technique is touching and reshaping the soul. Making Humans tiny like this for storage is quite difficult. They usually die not too long after I transfigure them. What about a jujutsu sorcerer I wonder?" Mahito transformed a few more dolls and sent the transfigured humans after Haku. "Occupy her while I play with the sorcerer."