Lies at the Top

In the wake of the Shibuya incident, 6 notices came from Jujutsu Headquarters with strict instructions for all sorcerers. Most of them seemed like ways to get rid of annoyances with lies and half truths.

The survival of Suguru Geto has been confirmed and he has been sentenced to death again.

Gojo Satoru has been deemed an accomplice in the Shibuya incident and thus exiled from the Jujutsu world. Any attempt to unseal him will be considered a criminal act.

Masamichi Yaga is charged with inciting Geto Suguru and Gojo Satoru into causing the Shibuya incident and is sentenced to death.

The suspension of Itadori Yuji's execution has been lifted. Execution is to be carried out immediately.

Okottsu Yuta is assigned the role of Itadori Yuji's executioner.

Namikaze Haku is to be immediately apprehended by any means necessary and returned to Jujutsu Headquarters.

Haku sat next to Yuji on the stairs of the building they had taken shelter in. She finished another round of healing him. The Black Flash that Mahito had used caused some pretty serious damage. His other wounds had healed perfectly with her intervention, all except the one on his face which left a horizontal scar on his face. She let out a sigh. Though his physical injuries were totally fine now, his emotional ones were still fresh. She wished she was able to heal them, but she also had her own she could not heal. Sukuna had used her cursed energy to kill and she had lost Gojo. Nobara and Nanami were alive, but it was unclear if they would be able to return to sorcerer duties, particularly in Nobara's case. The damage to her brain had been healed, but they were unsure if the structure remained the same or if it had changed just enough to deny her access to her cursed technique.

Choso made his way down the stairs . Yuji, Haku, how are your injuries?"

Yuji spoke in a glum tone. "Fine. The last of the Black Flash damage is gone now because of Haku."

"I can use the reversed cursed technique so I'm fine. My cursed energy has stabilized now too." Haku assured him. Right after the battle, she had serious issues with her cursed energy. The overuse had caused a backfire on her body, and both Yuji and Choso were highly concerned she would die or end up accidentally killing them. The backlash had been much less severe than she had expected though. Perhaps she was getting used to handling more cursed energy, or maybe it was more like she was accepting that other her she felt when fighting Mahito.

She patted the ground next to her. "You still have some injuries too. Just let me heal you already." Choso had originally refused first using the excuse Yuji needed healing more, then the excuse of Haku's unstable energy. "Like I said, I'm fine now."

Choso shook his head. "I don't deserve it. These wounds are what I deserve. For what I did and my own weakness."

There was familiarity in the words. Haku remembered her brother Minato refusing her help stating 'This wound is from my own weakness. I want to use the pain to motivate my improvement.' Some of his wounds had been little scratches so it was acceptable, but the time he broke his arm, Haku had snuck into his room that night and healed him. He had woken up and scolded her, but in his usual soft way. "Choso, you're a lot like my elder brother." She did not miss the surprised jolt from Choso.

Yuji looked over with interest. "You totally don't seem like the little sister type."

"What's that even mean?" Haku puffed her cheeks. "Is it because I'm technically over 1000 years old?" She crossed her arms and huffed when she heard a small snort from Yuji. "Whatever." She lowered her arms and gave a pained smile. "The more I remember, the more I miss being a little sister."

Choso continued down the stairs and sat next to Haku. "I can uh...well...You said you consider Yuji like a brother and he's my brother. I am the oldest of 10 brothers. I don't have any sisters." He scratched his cheek. "You can just consider me your big brother. A little sister could be nice." He avoided Haku's gaze.

Haku smiled. He was so sweet and pure, a lot like Yuji. "Alright then Onii-chan." Choso jolted and glanced down at her blushing red. Haku giggled. "And since you're my big brother now, I'm healing you like it or not." She started healing Choso and was glad to see he was allowing it. Now if Yuji would just call him Onii-chan.

After Haku finished, Choso rotated his shoulder, testing the improvement to his stiffness and wounds. "Thanks Haku." She smiled. Choso then looked at Yuji. "You don't have to worry about me, you two. Go back to Jujutsu tech. I still need to get Shoso and the others remains anyway."

Yuji looked at the ground, arms propped on his knees and hands folded. "I'm not worried about you." Ouch. "It's not a matter of wanting to go back. I can't. Sukuna is plotting something involving Fushiguro. I also killed so many people. I also killed your brothers. I can't stay with everyone." He looked over at Haku. "Sukuna is planning something with you too. You should go back alone."

Haku smacked him in the back of the head. "Dummy! I'm not just abandoning you. Sukuna can eat my petals. Also, you do understand that with Satoru sealed, your execution is gonna be back on and Satoru was the only reason I was allowed to be relatively free. I'd just be walking into a cage."

Choso moved towards Yuji. "It's ok. It was a misunderstanding and Eso and Kechizu would say the same. It's not about forgiving or not, brothers are just like that."

Yuji seemingly ignored him and stood up. "I guess you're right." He started walking towards the door. "Let's go guys. We need to take care of as many curses as possible," Haku and Choso agreed and readily followed after Yuji.