-Love of Her Life?-

Sophie's POV: 

As I sat in my room, my mind was spinning with thoughts of who my secret admirer could be. The hints kept coming, each one pointing more and more towards Caleb. I couldn't shake the feeling that it was him. Maybe it was wishful thinking, but there was something in the way he looked at me that made my heart flutter.

I decided to share my suspicions with my friends—Biana, Linh, and Marella. We had planned a hangout at Marella's house, and as we sat in her cozy living room, I finally worked up the courage to voice my theory.

"I think it's Caleb," I blurted out, unable to contain my excitement.

Biana raised an eyebrow, a smirk playing on her lips. "Again? Sophie, you've been saying that for weeks now."

Linh nodded in agreement. "Yeah, Sophie, I'm not so sure. It could be anyone, you know."

But I was adamant. "No, everything just seems to lead back to Caleb. The notes, the timing, the way he acts around me. It all adds up."

Marella stayed silent, observing our discussion with a thoughtful expression. I turned to her, hoping for some support. "Do you believe me, Marella?"

She shrugged. "I don't know, Sophie. I'm just not convinced yet."

I pouted, feeling a bit deflated by my friends' lack of enthusiasm for my theory. But I wasn't about to give up. This was my chance to solve the mystery, and I wasn't going to let anyone rain on my parade.

"Fine, if you guys do know who it is, please don't tell me. I want to figure it out on my own," I declared, crossing my arms stubbornly.

The girls chuckled at my determination, but they promised not to spoil the surprise for me. With that settled, we moved on to chatting about school, our favorite books, and all the latest gossip.

As the evening wore on, the initial tension melted away, replaced by laughter and easy camaraderie. Biana showed us a new dance routine she had been working on, and we all tried to imitate her moves, collapsing into fits of giggles.

Linh brewed some hot chocolate, filling the room with its soothing aroma. Marella brought out a tray of cookies she had baked earlier, and we indulged in the sugary treats, savoring each bite.

As the night deepened, I felt a sense of contentment wash over me. Despite the uncertainty of my secret admirer's identity, I was surrounded by friends who cared about me, and that was enough for now.

With a yawn, I stretched my arms and glanced at the clock. It was getting late, and I knew I should start heading home soon.

"Guys, I hate to cut this short, but I should probably get going," I said reluctantly.

Biana pouted. "Aw, already? Can't you stay a bit longer?"

I shook my head apologetically. "I wish I could, but I have an early start tomorrow. Thanks for having me over, Marella. I had a great time."

Marella smiled warmly. "Anytime, Sophie. You know you're always welcome here."

With hugs and promises to meet up again soon, I bid goodbye to my friends and stepped out into the cool night air. The stars twinkled overhead, casting a soft glow on the familiar streets of our neighborhood.

Walking home alone, I couldn't help but replay our conversation in my mind. Despite their doubts, I was still convinced that Caleb was the one behind the mysterious notes and gifts. Maybe I was being too stubborn, too hopeful. But deep down, I knew that my heart wouldn't lead me astray.

I am positive it's him. And there's no stopping me.

Caleb's POV:

I sit at my study desk, the soft glow of the lamp casting a warm light in my dimly-lit room. My textbooks are scattered around me, but my mind is far from the algebra equations and trigonometry problems that usually occupy my thoughts. Instead, I find myself consumed by one singular focus—Sophie.