IV

I'm back hahhaa, nothing to do with the 5th season, I had a long holiday, and nothing better to do so that motivation kicked in.

I'm grateful for all of you who read my story and those whose comments, and recommendations are appreciated, so thank you very much for reading.

.
.
.

The demon features a pair of fox ears, connecting to her hair, as well as a fox's tail. Her face was even formed so similarly to the animal, along with blue fur covering all of her skin. Her movement was as agile as a fox. Sly and barely visible. In a matter of seconds, she could be in a bunch of different places. But even with the advantages, the demon didn't attack.

It feels like fighting a giant fox. It was more into showing off her speed, so far Nezuko managed to defend herself with her sword. 'She seems to not have any other offense.' The fox had nothing but her claws and fangs to attack. Her strength doesn't quite match with her speed.

She had to be mindful of herself, a single damage could lead to her downfall. The same goes for her opponent. On its next attack, she almost managed to slice its left leg. The demon quickly retreated.

The demon's regeneration was fast, it only took a second for the cut to disappear. 'How long will it take to grow a whole limb?' Before the demon could successfully regain itself she lunged forward, and the fox demon defended her neck with her arm, her sword could only slice her palm.

Her leg instinctively kicked the disconnected body part away, demons could easily reconnect it. She won't give it a chance. Without wasting another second she lands another swing, this time fully cutting its arm.

This was the moment she had been waiting for, the demon was rather selfless, and overconfident in her speed if she had been intimidated by her speed back then, her situation could have been so much different. Nevertheless, she cornered the demon, it held on to her left shoulder seemingly in pain.

Demons were once human. Her tainted blood dripped and covered the ground. She pointed her sword at her neck, causing her to stop completely. 'She seems like a child.' The innocent human was turned away without their consent and their lives were ruined by these heartless monsters.

What was her life like before all of this? "Wait- please! We could be friends!" The demon bargained. Maybe she was her age, or a little younger when she was transformed. "How did you turn to this?" Nezuko read so many books, yet none of them gave her a clue about how to turn her brother back. "H-huh? What do you mean?" Her teacher had told her how pointless it was, but demons were unfortunate humans.

There must be a way. "How did you turn into a demon?" She fixed her questions. The fox demon looked at her confused, until, "I don't... Remember." She had a life, of course, she did, and she also had friends before. The new slayer's question disturbs her. "You don't remember?" How long does it take for turned humans to forget their past? Will her brother forget about her too? 'Oh no...' It only adds to her worry.

She better finish this quickly, the demon couldn't provide her with any answers. The demon took a final stance, launching at her at full speed. "Ice breathing, fourth form."

All that was left was the demon's clothes. She paid her respect and went back into hiding. There's no use fighting these demons, she could easily wait for it.

"AHH! SOMEONE! ANYONE- HELP ME!"

Even so, she chooses to protect those who are within her reach. The voice wasn't that far away from her if she changed her direction she could easily survive the night. But that's selfish, she wouldn't be able to sleep knowing she left someone to die.