Chapter 8

Almost 6 months later

Ishan woke up to the smell of coffee and the sound of Shubman humming in the kitchen.
He stretched and smiled, feeling a sense of contentment wash over him.
Ishan wandered into the kitchen, where he found Shubman making breakfast.
"Morning, sleepyhead," Shubman greeted with a grin."Morning," Ishan replied, rubbing his eyes. "You’re up early."
"Thought I’d surprise you with breakfast," Shubman said, flipping a pancake. "How do you like your
eggs?"
"Scrambled, please," Ishan said, sitting down at the kitchen island. He watched Shubman move around the kitchen, feeling incredibly lucky to have him.As they ate breakfast, they talked about their plans for the day. Ishan suggested they have a lazy day in, considering how much fun they had the previous night. Shubman agreed, excited about spending more time together at home.

The day started well, with a movie marathon and lots of cuddling. But things took a turn when Shubman received a text message from an old friend, Rahul, asking to catch up. Ishan saw the message and felt a pang of jealousy, though he tried to hide it."You should go," Ishan said, forcing a smile.
"It'll be good to catch up with him."
"Are you sure?" Shubman asked, sensing something was off."Yeah, of course," Ishan replied, his tone a bit too cheerful.Shubman left to meet Rahul, but Ishan couldn’t shake off his insecurity. He kept thinking about all the times Shubman mentioned Rahul.When Shubman returned later that evening, Ishan was distant.
"How was it?" he asked, trying to sound casual."It was nice. We just talked and caught up," Shubman said, noticing Ishan's mood. "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine,"
Ishan replied curtly.

Hey, can we talk?" Ishan asked, calling Rohit.
"Sure, what’s up?" Rohit responded, always ready to listen.Ishan poured out his feelings, explaining his jealousy and insecurities. Rohit listened patiently before responding.

"Ishan, it sounds like you’re overthinking this. Shubman loves you, and he’s allowed to have friends. Trust is important in any relationship," Rohit advised gently.Ishan nodded, feeling slightly reassured.
"You’re right. I need to trust him more."

A few days later, Ishan was working on his laptop when Shubman’s phone rang. It was Rahul again. Shubman stepped out to take the call, and Ishan overheard snippets of their conversation. Shubman was laughing, his tone warm and affectionate. Ishan’s heart sank, jealousy gnawing at him.When Shubman came back, Ishan couldn't hold back.

"You two seem really close," he said, trying to sound casual but failing."Yeah, we are. We’ve known each other since college," Shubman replied, sensing Ishan’s discomfort but unsure how to address it.Ishan nodded, forcing a smile, but the seed of doubt had already been planted.

A week later, they had planned a special date night. Ishan had made reservations at their favorite restaurant. But an hour before they were supposed to leave, Shubman got caught up in a long phone call with Rahul, discussing an upcoming project Rahul wanted Shubman's help with.By the time Shubman realized the time, they were already late for their reservation.
"I’m so sorry, Ishu. I lost track of time,"
Shubman apologized, looking genuinely remorseful."It's fine," Ishan said, his voice cold. "Let’s just stay in."
The night felt ruined, and the tension between them only grew.

One evening, Ishan saw a message pop up on Shubman’s phone from Rahul: "Can't wait to see you tomorrow! 😊"Ishan’s heart sank.

"You’re meeting him again?" he asked, trying to keep his voice steady."Yeah, we’re just grabbing coffee. Is that a problem?" Shubman asked, frustration creeping into his voice.

"I just feel like you’re spending more time with him than with me," Ishan admitted, unable to hold back any longer.
"He's my friend, Ishan. You have friends too," Shubman said defensively.
"Not like this," Ishan muttered, the words slipping out before he could stop them."What’s that supposed to mean?" Shubman snapped, his patience wearing thin.
"I don’t know. Maybe I feel like you’re slipping away," Ishan said, his voice breaking. "Like maybe you don’t need me anymore."
"That’s not true, Ishan. But I can’t keep reassuring you every time I talk to someone else. You have to trust me," Shubman pleaded.

____________________________________

Ok sooo hieee
A very big writers block.
Uhm
Here i am
Sorry
And tell me if u like it
Vote and comment.