chapter 26

The days started blending into a gentle rhythm as Shubman and Ishan adjusted to their new lives together. Despite the emotional baggage, there was an unspoken agreement between them to try and make this work.

Next morning, Shubman woke up to the sound of birds chirping outside the window. He glanced over at Ishan, who was still sleeping peacefully beside him. A small smile tugged at his lips as he brushed a stray lock of hair from Ishan’s forehead.

"Uth jao, Ishu," Shubman whispered softly, shaking him gently. "We have a busy day ahead."

Ishan stirred, blinking sleepily. "Hmm, subah ho gayi?" he mumbled, rubbing his eyes.

Shubman chuckled. "Haan, chal uth ja. Main breakfast banata hoon."

Ishan groaned but got up, following Shubman to the kitchen. As Shubman started making pancakes, Ishan leaned against the counter, watching him with a soft smile. "Aapke haath ka breakfast is the best," he said, feeling a warmth spread through him.

Shubman smiled, glancing over his shoulder. "Tumhare liye kuch bhi, Ishu."

After breakfast, they got ready for their day. Today was special because they had a cricket practice session with their team. Shubman knew it was important for Ishan to get back into the swing of things, both for his health and their relationship.

As they arrived at the practice field, their teammates greeted them with smiles and friendly banter. Abhishek, one of their closest friends, walked up to them. "Hey, tum dono. Long time no see"

"Yeah, it's been a while," Ishan replied, feeling a bit nervous but happy to be back.

The practice session went well, with Shubman and Ishan falling into their familiar roles on the field. They played with an unspoken understanding, their energy evident to everyone watching. It felt good to be back, doing what they loved together.

After practice, Abhishek invited them for chai at a nearby café. They sat at a table, sipping their drinks and chatting about old times.

"Ishu, you're looking much better," Abhishek commented. "Shubman really took good care of you, huh?"

Ishan nodded, glancing at Shubman. "Haan, Shubman has been amazing. I don't know what I would have done without him."

Shubman smiled, reaching over to squeeze Ishan's hand.

Later that evening, back at home, they decided to watch a movie. Ishan picked out a romantic comedy, and they settled on the couch, wrapped in a cozy blanket. As the movie played, Shubman couldn't help but steal glances at Ishan, his heart swelling with affection.

During a particularly funny scene, Ishan laughed, the sound filling the room. Shubman found himself laughing along, feeling lighter than he had in weeks. It was these small moments that reminded him why he loved Ishan so much.

After the movie, they stayed on the couch, talking about everything and nothing. Ishan hesitated for a moment before speaking. "Shub, can I ask you something?"

"Of course, Ishu. Kya baat hai?" Shubman replied, curious.

Ishan took a deep breath, looking down at his hands. "Kya tum mujhse sach mein pyar karte ho?

Shubman's heart ached at the vulnerability in Ishan's voice. He cupped Ishan's face, making him look up. "Ish, tum mere liye sab kuch ho. Haan, humne kaafi kuch face kiya hai, but my love for you has never changed. Main hamesha tumhare saath hoon."

Ishan felt tears prick his eyes as he leaned into Shubman's touch. "Thanks, Shub"

Shubman leaned in and pressed a gentle kiss to Ishan's forehead. "Aur tumhare bina, main bhi nahi. We're in this together, Ishu. Always."

_______________________________________
Do y'all want thoda spicy,steamy next chapter?
Sorry for the short update
Bye bye