chapter 18

As the night stretched on, Shubman found himself unable to shake off the weight of his remorse. Despite the awkwardness, a longing tugged at his heart, urging him to bridge the gap between him and Ishan.With hesitant steps, Shubman approached the bed where Ishan lay, his breaths shallow and measured.
He paused for a moment, uncertainty clouding his thoughts, before gingerly sliding under the covers beside Ishan.Ishan stirred at the movement, his body tensing momentarily before relaxing once more.

Shubman held his breath, afraid to disturb the delicate peace that hung between them.To his surprise, Ishan didn't push him away. Instead, he shifted slightly closer, a silent invitation that Shubman couldn't resist.

With cautious movements, Shubman wrapped an arm around Ishan, pulling him into a gentle embrace.

"Shub... love you... always," Ishan mumbled, his words slurred and sleepy, yet unmistakably heartfelt.

Shubman's heart clenched at the sound of Ishan's voice, so tender and vulnerable in his sleep. He tightened his embrace, holding Ishan closer as a wave of emotion washed over him.
"I love you too, Ishu," Shubman whispered into the quiet night, his voice thick with unshed tears. "Always."

The morning light eventually coaxed Ishan awake. He blinked slowly, taking in the sight of Shubman lying beside him, their limbs tangled together under the covers.

For a moment, confusion clouded his thoughts, but as the memories of the previous night flooded back, a soft smile tugged at his lips."Shub?" Ishan whispered, his voice still heavy with sleep.Shubman stirred, his eyes fluttering open to meet Ishan's gaze.

As he moved about the room, getting dressed quietly, Their eyes met, and for a split second, everything felt normal. Then, Ishan's expression hardened, the cold distance seeping back in.

"Good morning," Shubman said softly, trying to bridge the gap."Good morning," Ishan replied, his voice polite but distant. He sat up, running a hand through his hair and stretching. "Aap thik se soye?"

"Haan, thik tha," Shubman replied, a small smile playing on his lips. He wanted to reach out, to pull Ishan into his arms and make everything right, but he knew better than to push too hard too soon.Ishan got out of bed and headed to the guest bathroom. When he returned, freshly showered and dressed, Shubman was still in the room, waiting. Ishan tried to ignore the way his heart raced at the sight of Shubman, looking effortlessly handsome even in simple clothes."Breakfast?" Shubman suggested, his tone hopeful.Ishan hesitated before nodding. "Haan, chaliye."

Their family was waiting downstairs,after the very tiresome rasams yesterday the griha pravesh couldn't be done,so today was the day they would complete all of those traditions.

Their parents were eagerly waiting for both of them to FINALLY arrive so they could have breakfast and do the traditions.

"Arre, tum dono aa gaye! Breakfast is ready," Ishan's mother said, ushering them to the table.As they ate, their families chatted happily, discussing the wedding and the future. Ishan mostly stayed quiet, responding only when directly addressed. Shubman kept stealing glances at him, wishing he knew how to break through the wall Ishan had built.

"Shubman, Ishan, tum dono ek saath yeh kalash girakar andar aao," shubmans mother instructed.The newlyweds stood side by side, their shoulders brushing against each other. Together, they gently kicked the kalash, spilling the rice inside the house, symbolizing prosperity and abundance. As they stepped inside, Shubman couldn't help but feel a surge of hope. This was their home now, and he was determined to make it a happy one.

(Ok a lil bit about their marriage
Bad phere hur the aur sirf 100 log the so nobody knows)

In the living room, their families had set up a small altar with flowers and incense. The priest, dressed in traditional attire, began chanting mantras, filling the air with a sacred ambiance. Instead of traditional mangalsutras, the ritual involved exchanging mangalsutra bracelets, a more practical choice given their careers as cricketers.

"Ishan, yeh bracelet pehnao Shubman ko," the priest instructed, handing him a bracelet with small black beads and a gold pendant.Ishan took the bracelet with trembling hands, his heart pounding. He hesitated for a moment, then leaned closer to Shubman, his fingers brushing against Shubman's wrist as he fastened it.Shubman looked at Ishan, his eyes filled with gratitude and affection. "Thank you, Ishu," he whispered."Shubman, tum bhi Ishan ko pehnao," the priest continued.Shubman took another bracelet and carefully placed it around Ishan's wrist.

For a moment, their eyes locked, and in that brief exchange, a silent promise was made."Yeh bracelets humesha tumhe yaad dilayenge ki tum dono hamesha ek doosre ke saath ho," Shubman's mother said, her voice choked with emotion.

Next was the Sindoor ceremony. Shubman's mother handed him a small silver box containing vermilion powder.

"Yeh sindoor Ishan ki maang mein bharo," she said, her eyes brimming with emotions.With steady hands, Shubman took a pinch of the vibrant red powder and gently applied it to the parting in Ishan's hair.

The act felt intimate, binding them together in a way that words could not."Aapko yeh sab thoda ajeeb lag raha hoga," Shubman whispered as he completed the ritual.Ishan managed a small smile, his eyes softening slightly. "Thoda, par theek hai."
_____________________________________
Guys, Here y'all go
Tell me if y'all like it
Vote and comment