chapter 14

Ishan clenched his fists inside his locker, willing himself to stay strong. "I don't think that's a good idea, Shub. We both know how this ends."

"But Ishan, I—"Ishan cut him off, his voice barely above a whisper. "Just let it go, Shubman. It's better this way."
The pain in Shubman's eyes was almost unbearable, but Ishan knew he had to keep his distance. Talking to Shubman, letting those old feelings resurface, would only lead to more heartbreak.

Their teammates began to filter in, and Ishan took the opportunity to slip away, heading towards the practice field. He could feel Shubman's eyes on him, but he forced himself not to look back.During practice, Ishan kept his focus on the game, pushing himself harder than ever. He knew that avoiding Shubman was the only way to protect himself, to keep from falling apart. Yet, every time he caught a glimpse of Shubman on the field, his resolve wavered.After practice, as the team gathered their things, Ishan lingered behind, hoping to avoid another encounter.

But Shubman was waiting for him by the exit."Ishan, please," Shubman pleaded, his voice breaking. "Just give me a chance to explain."Ishan's heart shattered at the sight of Shubman's desperation, but he steeled himself. "I can't, Shub. It's too late."

Without another word, Ishan walked past him, feeling the weight of every step. He knew he was hurting Shubman, but he also knew that talking to him, letting himself hope again, would only make things worse.As he left the stadium, Ishan's mind was a whirlwind of emotions. He missed Shubman more than anything, but he also knew that some wounds couldn't be easily healed. He had to stay strong, for both their sakes, even if it meant walking away from the person he loved the most.

Ishan had barely settled at home when his phone buzzed. It was an unexpected call from Shubman's sister, Ananya. Hesitant, he answered.

"Hi Ishan, I know it's been tough between you and Shub, but can we meet? There's something important we need to discuss," Ananya said, her voice urgent.
Curiosity piqued, Ishan agreed to meet at a nearby café. When he arrived, Ananya was already there, looking worried.
"Ishan, I won't beat around the bush. Shubman is not doing well. He's been drinking a lot, and it's tearing our family apart. We need your help."Ishan's heart sank. He had suspected Shubman was struggling, but hearing it confirmed was devastating.

"What do you want me to do, Ananya? He broke up with me. He made his choice."

Ananya took a deep breath. "I know, and I'm sorry for how things have turned out. But my parents have decided that the best way to stabilize Shubman is through a marriage. They want you to marry him, Ishan."Ishan's eyes widened in shock.

"What? Why me? After everything that's happened?"

"Because they believe you're the only one who can help him. Our families have been friends for a long time, and they think this is the best solution," Ananya explained.

Ishan felt a mix of anger and confusion. "But do they even know what Shubman and I have been through? Do they know how much this hurts?"Ananya nodded sadly.

"They do, Ishan. But they also see how much Shubman is hurting without you. They think this marriage could be a fresh start, a way to heal."Ishan was torn. He still loved Shubman, but agreeing to this marriage felt like a betrayal of his own pain.

"I don't know, Ananya. I need time to think."Ananya reached across the table, squeezing his hand. "I understand. Just... please consider it. For Shubman's sake, and for your own."
______________________________________
Here y'all gooo
Tell me if u like it
Vote and comment
Bye bye~