chapter 20

Shubman's mother beamed with pride as she took a spoonful of the kheer. "Ishan, yeh toh bahut accha lag raha hai. Tumne sach mein dil jeet liya."

Shubman's father echoed her sentiments. "Bahut khoobsoorat. Tumhare maa ko bhi yeh bahut pasand aata."

Shubman's sister, who had been observing Ishan's cooking with keen interest, couldn't wait to taste the kheer. As she took her first spoonful, her eyes widened in delight. "Ishan, yeh toh bilkul restaurant jaisa bana hai! Tumne sach mein magic kiya hai."

Ishan's mother smiled warmly as she savored the kheer. "Beta, yeh kheer toh bahut hi swadisht hai. Tumne sach mein apni maa ka naam roshan kiya hai."

Ishan's father nodded in agreement. "Humein toh lagta hai ki tum ek din bade chef banoge, Ishan. Bahut khush kismat hai Shubman ki, jo tumhein apni family mein mila."

Shubman couldn't help but feel a sense of pride and admiration as he watched Ishan receive praise from his family. "Ishuuuuuuu this is the best thing I've ever tasted"

Ishan smiled at his profound victory.

As the last ritual concluded, the parents began to prepare for their departure. Shubman's mother hugged Ishan warmly.

"Beta, khush raho. Hum jaante hain ki tum dono milkar sab theek kar loge."Ishan nodded, forcing a smile. "Ji, aunty. Thank you."Shubman's father patted his son on the back. "Take care of each other, and remember, we are always here for you."

Shubman's sister gave Ishan a quick hug,smiled and said. "Bhai, bhabhi, i can call you that now heina? take care. And your kheer was amazing!"

Ishan's parents hugged him tightly, their eyes filled with concern. "Beta, apna khayal rakhna aur Shubman ka bhi. "As the door closed behind them, Ishan felt a sense of loneliness creeping in, the apartment suddenly feeling larger and emptier without their presence

Once the door closed behind the last of their family members, the apartment felt eerily quiet. The silence was soon broken by Ishan's phone buzzing with notifications. The team group chat was active.

Rohit: Guys, practice starts next week. Be ready!

Virat: Looking forward to seeing everyone back on the field.

Hardik: Shubman, Ishan, hope you guys are ready. No slacking off!

Shubman read the messages and turned to Ishan. "Humhe wapas jaana hoga, team practice ke liye."

Ishan, still feeling the weight of his parents' departure, nodded. "Haan, mujhe pata hai."

Shubman hesitated, then spoke softly, "Humhe batana hoga team ko... hamari shaadi ke baare mein."

Ishan sighed, his voice cold. "Aap bata dijiyega. Main abhi yeh sab handle nahi kar sakta."

Shubman looked at him with a mix of regret and determination. "Ishan, main sab kuch theek karne ki koshish kar raha hu. Please, mujhe ek moka do."

Ishan didn't respond, walking towards the bedroom. "Main thak gaya hu. Sona hai."

The next morning, Shubman woke up early and made breakfast for Ishan, hoping it might help ease some of the tension.
As he was frying eggs, Ishan walked in, looking tired but determined."Good morning, Ish," Shubman greeted with a soft smile. "Maine nashta bana diya hai."

Ishan glanced at the breakfast and then at Shubman, his expression unreadable. "Thanks," he muttered, sitting down at the table.Shubman joined him, and they ate in silence.

After a while, Shubman cleared his throat. "Ishan, main sach mein chahata hoon ki yeh sab theek ho. Mujhe pata hai ki maine galti ki hai, par main sudharna chahta hoon."

Ishan looked up, his eyes softening for a brief moment. "Dekho Shubman, yeh sab kehna asaan hai. Par bharosa wapas paane mein waqt lagta hai."

Shubman nodded, understanding. "Main samaj gaya. Aur main intezar karunga. Bas tumhe yeh batana tha."

As they prepared to leave for practice, both felt a mixture of anxiety and determination. They knew that facing their teammates with the news of their sudden marriage would be challenging.

Shub quickly got his phone and texted abhi jisko he had been giving all the updates

Shubman:HE SAID MY NAMEEEEEE ABHIII

Abhishek:BKL SUBAH KE 6:30 BAJE HAI CHILLA MAT

Shubman:Tujhe texts sunai dete hai?

Abhishek:Ha. Kyu. Btw that's great

Realising he's late shub just liked the message and got ready to leave

_____________________________________
Author's Note

Hey everyone,

First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to read this story. Your support means the world to me.✨

I would really appreciate it if you could leave a comment and let me know what you think. Whether you loved it, have some constructive criticism, or noticed any mistakes, your feedback is super important to me. It helps me improve and make the story even better.

Don't hesitate to point out anything that didn't quite work for you. I'm here to learn and grow as a writer, and your insights are incredibly valuable.

Looking forward to hearing from y'all 💖