chapter 23

j_hilli gave me an idea so here you go
___________________________________

As the night wore on, Ishan's mild headache turned into a full-blown fever. His body felt like it was on fire, and he shivered uncontrollably despite the blankets wrapped around him. Shubman, noticing the change in Ishan's condition, grew increasingly worried.

"Ishan, tumhe fever ho gaya hai," Shubman said, placing a cool hand on Ishan's forehead. "We need to bring your temperature down."

Ishan, feeling delirious and weak, barely managed a nod. "Shub, please... mat jao."

Shubman's heart clenched at the vulnerability in Ishan's voice. "Main kahin nahi ja raha. Tumhare paas hi hoon."

He hurried to get a cold compress and some more medicine. When he returned, he gently placed the damp cloth on Ishan's forehead. "Yeh thoda help karega," he whispered soothingly.

Ishan's eyes fluttered open briefly, and he reached out, gripping Shubman's hand tightly. "Shub, stay with me."

Shubman sat on the edge of the bed, his other hand brushing through Ishan's hair. "Main yahin hoon, Ish. Tumhe chhod kar kahin nahi jaunga."

As the night progressed, Shubman stayed by Ishan's side, occasionally changing the compress and giving him sips of water. Ishan, despite his feverish state, seemed to draw comfort from Shubman's presence. He became almost clingy, not wanting Shubman to leave his side even for a moment.

Whenever Shubman tried to get up, Ishan's grip on his hand tightened. "Please, mat jao," he would mumble, his voice weak but insistent.

Shubman would smile softly, sitting back down. "Main yahin hoon, Ish."

At one point, Ishan's fever spiked, and he started to mumble incoherently. "Shub... don't leave me... need you..."

Shubman leaned in closer, his voice a soothing murmur. "I'm right here, Ish. Tumhara Shub yahin hai. Tumhe kuch nahi hoga."

Ishan's eyes opened slightly, a tear slipping down his cheek. "I... I can't lose you again, Shub."

Shubman wiped the tear away gently. "Tumhe kabhi nahi chhodunga. Hum saath hain, hamesha."

The sun had just begun to set, casting a warm, golden hue across the living room. Shubman was in the kitchen, preparing some soup for Ishan, who was resting upstairs, still recovering from his fever. The quiet of the evening was broken by the sudden ring of Ishan’s phone, which had been left on the coffee table downstairs.

Shubman quickly wiped his hands on a towel and rushed to pick up the phone. Seeing "Maa" flash on the screen, he hesitated for a moment before answering.

“Hello, Aunty. Shubman here.”

There was a brief pause on the other end before Ishan’s mother responded. “Oh, Shubman beta! How are you? Where’s Ishan?”

Shubman glanced towards the stairs, his voice softening. “Ishan is resting upstairs, Aunty. He’s been a bit under the weather.”

A note of concern immediately crept into her voice. “What happened? Is he okay?”

Shubman tried to reassure her, keeping his tone calm and steady. “Don’t worry, Aunty. It’s just a fever. He’s been resting and taking his medicines. I’ve been here with him, making sure he’s comfortable.”

Ishan’s mother sighed, a mixture of relief and worry in her voice. “Thank you, beta. You’re taking such good care of him. Can I speak to him?”

Shubman hesitated for a moment, considering Ishan’s state. “He’s been really tired and sleeping on and off. I think it’s best if he rests for now. But I’ll let him know you called, and he can call you back when he’s feeling a bit better.”

There was a brief silence on the other end, and then she spoke again, her voice filled with gratitude. “Alright, Shubman. Thank you. Please take good care of him. And tell him we’re thinking of him and praying for his quick recovery.”

Shubman smiled, feeling a warm sense of responsibility. “I will, Aunty. Don’t worry. I’ll make sure he gets better soon.”

After hanging up, Shubman placed the phone back on the coffee table and returned to the kitchen to finish making the soup. A few minutes later, he carried a tray upstairs, carefully balancing the bowl of soup, some bread, and a glass of water.

Entering the bedroom, he found Ishan half-asleep, curled up under the blankets.

"OMG SO CUTEEEE ARGH MY BABIEE"

Shubman placed the tray on the bedside table and gently shook Ishan awake. “Hey, Ish. Your mom called. She was worried about you.”

Ishan groggily opened his eyes, trying to sit up. “Maa called? What did she say?”

Shubman helped him sit up and propped some pillows behind his back. “Yeah, she wanted to check on you. I told her you were resting and that I’d let you know she called. She sends her love and hopes you get better soon.”

Ishan managed a weak smile. “Thanks, Shub.”

Shubman handed him the bowl of soup. “Here, try to eat something. It’ll help you get your strength back.”

Ishan turned his head away, still pouting. “Nahi, Shub. Mujhe nahi khana.”

Shubman sighed and put the bowl back on the tray, sitting down beside Ishan. “Ish, please. For me? Just a few spoons?”

Ishan crossed his arms, looking stubbornly at the opposite wall. “Nahi.”

Shubman leaned closer, a mischievous glint in his eyes. “Acha, theek hai. Agar tum nahi khaoge, toh main tumhe apni special tarike se khilaunga.”

Ishan looked back at him, curiosity and a bit of wariness in his eyes. “Special tarika? Kya?”

Shubman picked up the spoon, filled it with soup, and gently brought it to Ishan’s lips. “Open up, Ish. Tumhare liye surprise hai.”

Ishan hesitated but eventually opened his mouth, letting Shubman feed him. As soon as he swallowed, Shubman leaned in and placed a quick, gentle kiss on his cheek. “See? Special tarika.”

Ishan would've evaporated because of his fever and how he was blushing so much
“Shub, yeh kya kar rahe ho?”

Shubman grinned, his eyes twinkling. “Agar tum nahi khao, toh main aise hi karunga. Har bite ke baad ek kiss.”

Reluctantly but with a small smile playing on his lips, Ishan nodded. “Theek hai. "

As Shubman continued to feed Ishan, the room filled with a warm, comforting silence. Despite his initial resistance, Ishan felt his strength slowly returning with each spoonful of the nourishing soup.

Later, when the bowl was empty and Ishan was lying back against the pillows, Shubman leaned in to check his temperature. “Feeling any better?”

Ishan nodded, his voice soft. “Haan, thoda better. Thanks, Shub.”Shubman brushed a strand of hair from Ishan’s forehead, his touch gentle.

“Good. Ab tumhe thoda aur rest karna chahiye.”Ishan reached out and grabbed Shubman’s hand, not wanting him to leave. “Stay with me, please?”Shubman smiled, climbing into bed beside Ishan. “Hamesha.”
_____________________________________
Yes sorry boring chapter
So
Aur ek chapter soon.
Please vote and comment
Bye bye