chapter 25

The next morning, the first light of dawn filtered through the curtains, gently waking Ishan. He blinked his eyes open, finding himself wrapped securely in Shubman's arms. The warmth and safety of the embrace made him want to stay there forever, but a sudden rush of embarrassment flooded him as he remembered how clingy he'd been the night before.

"Good morning, Ishu," Shubman murmured, his voice husky with sleep. He brushed his lips against Ishan's forehead, feeling the residual warmth from the fever. "How are you feeling?"

Ishan shifted slightly, trying to hide his blush. "Better, I guess. The fever's mostly gone."

Shubman smiled, relieved. "That's good to hear." He loosened his hold, allowing Ishan some space. "You had me worried there for a bit."

Ishan avoided Shubman's eyes, his shyness making it hard to respond. "Um, thanks for taking care of me," he mumbled, fiddling with the edge of the blanket.

"Anytime, baby," Shubman replied softly, using the endearment that made Ishan's heart skip a beat. "I'll go downstairs and make us some breakfast. Tum yahin rest karo, okay?"

Ishan nodded, even though all he wanted was to stay cuddled up with Shubman. He watched as Shubman got out of bed, his heart yearning for the warmth and comfort he'd just left.

As Shubman headed downstairs, he pulled out his phone and dialed Abhishek's number. His best friend's voice answered on the second ring. "Kya bhai, kya haal hai?"

"Abhi, you won't believe it," Shubman began, his voice filled with excitement. "Ishan's been so sick, and I've been taking care of him all night. He was so clingy and adorable."

Abhishek chuckled on the other end. "Lagta hai kaafi busy raha ha. How's he doing now?"

"He's much better this morning, thank God," Shubman replied, relief evident in his tone. "I just made him some breakfast. But, man, last night was something else. He was so feverish and out of it, but he kept wanting to cuddle. It was... kind of sweet."

Back upstairs, Ishan stared at the ceiling, feeling a mix of embarrassment and warmth. He wanted to go downstairs and be close to Shubman, but his pride kept him rooted in bed. Eventually, his longing overcame his shyness, and he decided to follow Shubman.

When Ishan reached the kitchen, he found Shubman standing by the stove, flipping pancakes. Shubman glanced up and grinned. "Couldn't stay in bed, huh?"

Ishan shrugged, trying to play it cool. "Just wanted to see what you're up to."

"Well, breakfast is almost ready," Shubman said, turning back to the stove. "You want some chai or coffee?"

"Chai would be nice," Ishan replied, leaning against the counter. He watched as Shubman moved around the kitchen with ease, his heart swelling with affection.

As they sat down to eat, Shubman reached across the table and squeezed Ishan's hand. "I'm glad you're feeling better, Ishu. You scared me last night."

Ishan squeezed back, his embarrassment melting away. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry you."

Shubman shook his head, smiling softly. "You don't have to apologize. I'm just glad I could be there for you."

After breakfast, Shubman stood up and began to clear the table, stacking the plates and gathering the cups. He glanced at Ishan, who was still seated, looking a bit tired.

"Ishu, why don't you go rest on the couch?" Shubman suggested gently, nodding towards the living room.

Ishan shook his head stubbornly. "Main theek hoon, Shub. Main help kar sakta hoon."

Shubman sighed, knowing how stubborn Ishan could be. "Ishu, you need to rest. You're still recovering from the fever. Main yeh kar loonga."

But Ishan continued to protest, his determination clear in his eyes. "Shub, mujhe kuch nahi hua hai. Main theek hoon."

Shubman walked over to Ishan and ruffled his hair affectionately, a playful smile on his face. "Bubba, please. Tumhe rest ki zaroorat hai. Let me handle this."

The unexpected nickname made Ishan's heart flutter. He felt a warmth spread across his cheeks and quickly turned his face away to hide his blush. The affectionate gesture and the nickname caught him off guard, making him feel a mix of embarrassment and happiness.

"Fine," Ishan mumbled, finally giving in. "But only because you called me bubba."

Shubman chuckled, pleased that his tactic had worked. "Good. Now, go lie down. I'll join you in a bit."

Ishan got up from his chair, his movements still a bit sluggish from his recent illness. He made his way to the living room and sank into the couch, grabbing a blanket and pulling it over himself. He watched as Shubman moved around the kitchen, cleaning up with practiced ease.

As he lay there, Ishan couldn't help but think about how caring Shubman was. The way Shubman had called him "bubba" replayed in his mind, bringing a soft smile to his lips. Despite his initial resistance, he felt a sense of comfort and security knowing that Shubman was taking care of him.

A few minutes later, Shubman finished tidying up and joined Ishan on the couch. He sat down beside him, gently lifting Ishan's feet and placing them on his lap. "Feeling better?" Shubman asked, looking at Ishan with concern.

Ishan nodded, his earlier irritation forgotten. "Haan, thoda better. Thanks, Shub."

Shubman smiled and patted Ishan's leg. "Anytime, bubba. You just focus on getting better, okay?"

Ishan's heart skipped a beat at the nickname, and he felt another blush creeping up his cheeks. "Okay," he replied softly, feeling a warm sense of affection for Shubman.

Throughout the day, Shubman couldn't resist using more nicknames. "Hey babe, you need anything?" he asked while fetching a glass of water for Ishan. Ishan's blush deepened each time, his heart fluttering at the casual affection.

In the afternoon, Shubman hired a housekeeper to help out around the house. When the housekeeper arrived, Ishan frowned, clearly not pleased. "Iski kya zaroorat thi, Shub? Main manage kar sakta hoon."

"Ishu, tumhe rest ki zaroorat hai. Aur ghar ke kaam bhi important hain," Shubman explained gently. "Please, let me take care of this. Tumhe jaldi theek hona hai na?"

Ishan pouted but didn't argue further, knowing Shubman was right. Later in the day, when it was time for Ishan's doctor's appointment, he flat-out refused to go. "Mujhe doctor ke paas nahi jaana!"

Shubman sighed, exasperated. "Ish, tumhe check-up karwana zaroori hai. Main nahi chahta ki tumhari tabiyat aur kharab ho."

"No means no, Shub," Ishan insisted, crossing his arms defiantly.

Shubman, losing patience, finally scooped Ishan up in his arms. "Theek hai, agar tum nahi chaloge toh main tumhe le jaunga," he said, carrying Ishan towards the car.

Ishan protested, squirming in Shubman's arms. "Shub, put me down! I can walk."

"Too late, baby," Shubman replied with a grin, ignoring Ishan's protests.

When they returned home, Ishan was still pouting. "Mujhe caretaker ki zaroorat kyun hai?" he grumbled, settling back on the couch.

Shubman sat beside him, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. "Ishu, tumhari health meri priority hai. I just want you to get better, that's all."

Ishan sighed, leaning into Shubman's embrace. "Fine. But I still think it's unnecessary."

Shubman chuckled, pressing a kiss to Ishan's temple. "Tum bas theek ho jao, bubba. That's all that matters."

As the day went on, Shubman continued to shower Ishan with affection, using endearing nicknames that made Ishan's heart race and his cheeks flush. By evening, Ishan was blushing more often than not, but he couldn't deny how much he enjoyed Shubman's attention.
____________________________________
Y'all thrilled about ind vs pak today?
Lemme know if you liked this chapter?
Bye bye