chapter 13

The addiction took hold, and Shubman’s life spiraled further out of control. He began missing practices, showing up late, or not showing up at all. His coach, once a staunch supporter, grew increasingly frustrated and gave him several warnings. But Shubman, lost in his own turmoil, couldn’t pull himself out of the downward spiral.The more he drank, the more he thought about Ishan. The alcohol only seemed to amplify his regrets and longing. He missed Ishan’s laugh, the way his eyes lit up when he talked about cricket, and the comfort of his presence. He missed the future they had planned together, now nothing more than a distant dream.

One night, after a particularly heavy drinking session, Shubman found himself alone in his apartment, the silence deafening. He looked around at the mess he had created, the empty bottles and disarray reflecting his inner turmoil. In a moment of clarity, he realized he couldn’t continue down this path. He had to find a way to face his demons and make amends.

Shubman’s sister, Ananya, had been watching his downward spiral with growing concern. She knew her brother well enough to understand that something deeper was troubling him.

One evening, after finding him passed out drunk again, she decided it was time to take action. She knew that Ishan was the only person who could reach Shubman and pull him out of his self-destructive path.

Shubman slouched on the couch, a bottle of whiskey loosely gripped in his hand. The room was dimly lit, casting long shadows that seemed to echo his mood. Abhishek, his friend, stood nearby, a look of frustration and concern etched on his face.

"Shubman, yaar, what are you doing to yourself?" Abhishek asked, sitting down next to him.

Shubman took a swig from the bottle, his words slurred. "Abhi... I'm just trying to forget, man. Forget everything."

"Forget what?" Abhishek's tone was stern yet gentle. "You think drinking yourself to death is the answer?"

"Ishan," Shubman mumbled, staring at the floor. "I messed everything up with Ishan. I thought I was doing the right thing, breaking up for my family's reputation, but... I've just made things worse."

Abhishek sighed, gently taking the bottle from Shubman's hand. "Shub, you need to get a grip. Drinking isn't going to solve anything. You need to talk to him."
Shubman laughed bitterly, a tear rolling down his cheek. "Talk to him? After everything I did? I broke his heart, Abhi. And for what? Some stupid societal expectations."

"Look," Abhishek said firmly, "I know you care about your family's reputation, but what about your own happiness? What about Ishan's happiness?"Shubman leaned back, staring blankly at the ceiling.

"I thought I was being responsible, doing the right thing. But now... now I can't even look at myself in the mirror. I see him everywhere, Abhi. I see him with other people, and it kills me inside."

"Then do something about it," Abhishek urged. "Stop running away from your feelings. You love him, don’t you?"Shubman nodded slowly.

"More than anything. But I don't know if he’ll ever forgive me."

"You won't know unless you try," Abhishek replied, handing him a glass of water.
"You need to show him that you’re willing to fight for him, to fix this mess. But first, you need to sober up and get your act together."
Shubman took a sip of water, his hands trembling.
"How, Abhi? How do I even start?"

"First, drink this," Abhishek instructed. "Then, take it one step at a time. Talk to your parents, let them know how you feel. And then, talk to Ishan. Be honest with him."

"You think he'll listen?" Shubman asked, hope flickering in his eyes.Abhishek smiled reassuringly. "I know he will. He still cares about you, Shub. You just need to show him that you care too, that you’re ready to make things right."

Shubman looked at Abhishek, determination slowly building in his eyes.
"You're right. I need to fix this. I need to fix us."Abhishek patted him on the back. "That's the spirit. Now, let's get you cleaned up. You’ve got a lot of work to do, and it starts with you getting back on your feet."

"Thanks, Abhi," Shubman said, standing up with his friend's help. "I don’t know what I’d do without you."Abhishek smirked. "That's what friends are for. Now, let's get to work."

Ishan walked into the team locker room, his heart pounding in his chest. He had managed to avoid Shubman for the past few days, but today was different. The tension of their unresolved feelings lingered in the air, heavy and suffocating. He quickly grabbed his gear, hoping to slip out unnoticed.

Shubman was sitting on the bench, tying his shoelaces. He looked up just in time to see Ishan entering. His eyes lit up for a moment, but then they clouded over with a mix of guilt and longing. "Hey, Ish," he called out softly, his voice tinged with hope.Ishan's breath hitched, his heart aching at the sound of Shubman's voice. But he couldn't let himself falter. "Hey," he replied curtly, not meeting Shubman's gaze as he rummaged through his locker.

Shubman stood up, taking a hesitant step towards Ishan. "Can we talk? Please?"
______________________________________
You think ishan will forgive?
Hint: arrange marriage soon
Here y'all go guys!
Lemme know what you feel in the comments 🙂
Vote if u like it
Bye bye~