Part 19

Walking through the dark hallways of a school was not on my bucket list for this year. But nor was anything that has happened recently. I had never expected to meet the doppelganger, or see the Originals, or go to Mystic Falls, or watch as Klaus became the hybrid he has wanted to be for a thousand years.

But overall, walking through a high school looking for one girl with Klaus is by far one of the most unexpected things for this year. However it has been a while since I've had some real fun. And this could be it. Maybe.

I hear footsteps coming from the other side of a door, further up the corridor. By the sound of their breathing, their heartbeat, and most importantly the look on Klaus's face, I know we've found Elena.

"There my girl." Elena comes face to face with Klaus, who grins down at her.

"Klaus." Elena gasps.

"And Kehlani." I add, showing myself from behind where Klaus is standing.

Elena turns, preparing to run, but Klaus is already in front of her as I stay standing behind. "You're supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that?"

Klaus grips Elena's arm and begins dragging her through the hallway. "You put a rather large kink in my plans, sweetheart. The whole point of breaking th curse and becoming a hybrid was to amen more hybrids. I haven't been able to do that."

"My bet is, it has something to do with the fact you're still breathing." I finish, walking closely behind Klaus and Elena.

"If you're going to kill me, just do it." Elena snaps at Klaus, the anger and upset clear in her voice.

"Not until I know I'm right." Klaus smirks at Elena. "But I do have ways of making you suffer." Klaus then pulls Elena closer to him and pulls her into a gym.

Upon walking in, I see students setting up pranks. "Attention seniors." Klaus announces in his ridiculous American accent. "You have officially been busted. Prank night is over. Head on home." Students groan as the stand and leave. I am crying from laughter after again hearing Klaus's American accent. It hasn't improved at all since the last time he used it and I am in desperate need of something to laugh at. Klaus glares at me and I soon pull myself together.

"You two." Klaus walks over to two students, his voice back to normal. "I remember you."

"I'm sorry, who are you?" The girl asks, looking over confused.

"Oh don't worry, I wasn't in my right head last time we met. Lift your foot up please, Dana." Klaus compels the girl before turning to the boy. "If she drops her foot, Chad, I want you to beat her to death. Understand?" The boy nods.

"Don't Klaus." Elena panickly tries to persuade Klaus. "You don't have to hurt anybody."

"Where's the fun in that?" I ask, walking over to the bleachers and sitting on the third row.

"Your sick." Elena grits out. I glare across at her, although her words don't hurt. She doesn't affect me. "Where's Stefan? What did you do to him?" Elena asks, looking over at Klaus.

"Stefan's on a time out." Klaus laughs, as do I.

"Please." Elena looks over at me. "I know your not a bad person, your siblings told us. Please help me."

"No." I reply, tired of the complaining girl. "I have been on the other side before you were even born."

The doors to the gym swing open and Bonnie and Matt come running in. "Bonnie, get out of here!" Elena yells to her friend. They both quickly turn to run however I am already in front of them.

"Nuh-uh. You have some business to deal with in here." I grab both the witch and the human and drag them over to Klaus and Elena.

"Ah, I was wondering when you'd show up." Klaus says as I push the two along. "Now we can get started." I release Bonnie and Matt, stepping in front of them next to Klaus. "Ah, Dana, why don't you relax? You and Chad sit tight."