Part 24

"Your an idiot, you know that." I laugh, sitting on one end of the bench.

"Says the nutjob who decided to dye their hair hot pink." Manuel exclaims, gesturing to my hair.

"You are so fucking annoying." I kick his leg, throwing my head back and taking in the feeling of Central Park.

"You know what..fuck you bitch." Manuel laughs, also tilting his head back. After a few minutes he spoke again. "Isn't this the most amazing thing? To be a vampire. To have every enjoyable moment magnified, to be able to hear the most amazing, peaceful sounds from far away. To never have to fear death, or pain or the restrictions of a society that we are a part of."

"I never really thought about it that way." I respond, opening my eyes and looking around. "I mean, it is...truly beautiful. To think of the things we have seen, to know of the power we hold over others....but it does have it's down sides."

"Darling sister, everything has its down sides. We must simply see it the good in what we are, what we can do." Manuel trailed off, looking around the place. "We can truly appreciate the beauty in the most strange things for we know that's not all they can be."

"You can be extremely poetic, Manny." I say, thinking deeply into matters that are far from the little park bench in New York.

"We don't have to go back to the Mikaelsons, if you don't want.." Manuel finally mentioned the topic all of my siblings had been avoiding for years now.

"We should..so they know we're alive..."

"But can't we just enjoy life as it is, without the constant drama and threat to life as a result of the 'Originals'." Manuel questions. "They are our family, but...."

I sigh. "As much as I love them, the Mikaelsons caused us more problems than we were willing to acknowledge back then. And for all we know they believe us dead. I mean, they never came looking for us. It just feels-"

"Strange." Manuel interrupted, however I nod, agreeing with him. "We have been apart from the Mikaelsons longer than ever and yet I don't feel as though I miss them."

"But yet I do. And I don't." I say. "God, they are so difficult I fear I may scream."

After sitting for what felt like such short time as we watched the saffron orange sun set, Manuel broke the silence. "Are you okay?"

"I don't know...I-I just wish I could go back to simpler times where I-where we..have suffered due to our connection to the Mikaelsons." I play with my fingers, avoiding my brother's look of concern. "I want to tell someone-"

"You can tell me." Manuel offers. I go to refuse but he stops me. "It doesn't have to be now, it doesn't have to be anytime soon, or at all. Just know my offer will stand and if you ever want to tell me..you can."

"Thank you." I mumble, taking his hand in mine. "I love you."

"I love you too."

I shoot up from the bed, breathing heavily as I feel tears welling in my eyes.

I never told him.

It had always been my intention to tell Manuel about what had happened but I never did. Fuck fuck fuck.