Part 18

"There has to be more to this dress." Rebekah says from behind a curtain, still in the fitting room.

"There's not." Klaus responds. I take a large gulp from the champagne bottle, gurgling as I tip my head back. Both Klaus and Stefan give me a dirty look and I sheepishly place the bottle on a table and swallow the drink.

Rebekah walks out of the fitting room in a short black dress. "So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes then."

"I'm sorry, last I checked I am a woman in the 21st century and I don't dress like a prostitute." I sarcastically comment, looking over at Dara, who, as per usual, is asleep. She truly is a story book definition of a vampire, sleeping all day every day.

"You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers." Rebekah flaps her hands in the air.

"They were ugly trousers." I stand, flicking through the racks of clothes, pulling a few things out before putting them back.

"You wore trouser so women today could wear nothing." Klaus tells Rebekah. I roll my eyes, seeing how my first comment appears to have been completely ignored.

Rebekah cringes at the fairly loud music playing. Granted, it is terrible music. "And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident."

"Its dance music." Stefan responds.

"People dance to this?" Rebekah looks at us, shock written across her face. I have to agree, the whole idea of dancing to this is ridiculous.

"Are we done?" Klaus asks, annoyed.

Rebekah gives her brother a glare that I can't help but smirk at, seeing how she is mirroring Klaus's emotions. "And why are you so grumpy?"

Klaus sighs, looking bored of all of this. "I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying. One thing. Your necklace
And you lost it."

"I didn't lose it. It's just been missing for 90 years." Rebekah badly explains. I laugh, seeing how little Rebekah has changed. "So what do you think?" Rebekah changes the conversation.

"I like it." Stefan lies. Horribly, I might add. Rebekah sees through his lies immediately, looking extremely unsatisfied. "What? I said I like it."

"I can always tell when you're lying, Stefan." Rebekah tells him. She looks over at me and raises her  eyebrows. "Well."

"The dress and you separately work, together you don't. Try something different." I state, not trying to keep Rebekah happy. I can practically hear Stefan and Klaus holding their breaths as Rebekah's expression remains monotone. We both start laughing after hearing the awkward silence.

"Finally someone with some honesty and fashion taste." Rebekah moves over to me. "Help me find something?"

"Of course." I flick through the clothes on the rack near me. I soon find her an outfit that I think will work better and pass it over. "Here. This should do nicely."

"Thank you love." Rebekah says, taking the clothes and walking back over to the changing rooms.

"Nice one. Good work." Klaus comments sarcastically at Stefan.

"You're the one that pulled the dagger out of her." Stefan snaps back. I grab two hangers and throw them at both Stefan and Klaus. My attack was clearly unexpected as the hangers hit both Klaus and Stefan directly in the head.

"I heard that!" Rebekah yells from out of view. "Thank you Kehlani."

"Any time Bekah." I respond, walking over and taking a bottle of champagne.