Part 22

Looking in the mirror, I examine my dress choices, one short black dress and another of similar style in white.

Klaus comes into the room I am in and stands in the doorway. "I don't know if you should go. With the plans that the people here have, I don't want to getting hurt."

"I won't get hurt." I say confidently. "The vampires here are all babies, they couldn't possibly get me."

"But what if-"

"They won't." I cut Klaus off, turning around and walking towards him. "I will be fine. You worry about yourself. Now which dress should I wear?"

Klaus looks at both of the dresses behind me, observing them before deciding. "White. After all we are celebrating, not at a bloody funeral."

"Okay then." I turn to put the dress on, however turn and wave my hands at Klaus in a shooing motion. "Leave. I need to get dressed."

"I'm perfectly content here." Klaus says as he sits down. "Come on love, it's nothing I haven't seen before."

"Fuck off and go do some evil scheming without bothering me." I walk over and open the door out of the room.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Fine." Klaus mutters, standing to leave, sulking like a child. Just as I think he is about to go, he turns sharply and pushes me against the wall behind me. "The only thing I'll be scheming about is what I'm going to do to you later." And with that he left, leaving me standing flustered in the room with my back still against the wall.

"Shit." I whisper before changing into the white dress and some matching white heels, tying my hair up into a loose ponytail and touching up my makeup then leaving.

I walk outside and am greeted by a large crowd of people, most of whom I don't recognise apart from a few of Klaus's hybrids.

"Good evening everyone!" Klaus announces happily from the stage. "I want to thank you for being here with me to celebrate. It's been a long time coming."

Klaus then walks off stage and approaches me, wrapping an arm around my waist and leading me around the crowd. "Think this is a big enough celebration for the death of Mikael?"

"If we could, the entire world would be celebration Mikael's demise. However this will do considering I don't even know if he is dead." I reply as we approach Stefan.

"Quite the homecoming." Stefan says to Klaus and I once we are close enough.

Klaus laughs. "I've been planning my father's funeral for a thousand years. Granted, in no version were any of these people invited, but you get the idea."

"So what now? Stop running?" Stefan asks.

Klaus stops walking and smiles at Stefan."Now I reunite my family."

"Your family? You mean the people you cart around in caskets?" Stefan stops as well, turning to face Klaus.

"None of that matters anymore. Mikael is gone. Bygones will be bygones." Klaus responds.

I look at a girl who walks past wearing a tiara. "Seems the homecoming queen still walks among the living, which leads me to believe Rebekah isn't here...where is she?"

Stefan looks at me, a blank expression on his face. "I have no idea. I thought she was coming with Matt."

"Oh be honest now, Stefan. Where's my sister?" Klaus inquires, his words having a slightly threatening undertone.