Chapter 12

Word count: 5435
______________

When I got back from the drugstore, Jey was asleep. It was 5:15 am. I decided that I wasn't gonna wake him up but since he was knocked out, I decided to put some ice in a bag so I can at least ice his ribs while he was asleep.

After I changed my clothes, I got in bed and gently placed the gallon sized bag on his ribs without waking him. I placed my hand on the bag just in case he thought he was going to wake up and take it off, I would know. I cuddled up to him and drifted off to sleep. Finally, I can get some rest.

"Ahh, babe." I heard in my sleep. Damn I must've fell asleep for a few minutes. "Ahh..." He hissed at the either the ice or his injured ribs.

I felt Jey move under me. I was laying on his arm because it was around me, so it was hard for him to move. I heard the bag of ice and I opened my eyes.

"Leave it." I say then pick my wrist up to look at my watch. "You have a few minutes."

"When did you do this?"

"You were knocked out when I got back. I told you you needed to ice it. I figured I'd do it while you were asleep." I put the ice pack back in its spot.

"Aight." He got comfortable again, then kissed my forehead. "You've been up all this time?"

"I've been dozing all this time." I laugh. "When I take the ice off I can go to sleep."

"What time is it?" He asks

"A little after 6."

"Okay."I close my eyes to try to go back to sleep. As soon as these little couple of minutes are up, I'm gonna be drooling.

"I'm sorry you had to see what happened. I know you were scared and didn't know what was going on."

"I'm just happy you're okay."

He kisses my forehead again. I don't say anything and I keep my eyes closed. "Hazel, I love you."

I look at him. "I love you too."

"I know I might've said it before but I'm saying it in a different way now. I'm sure of trust in telling you. I love you, and I'll do anything for you."

"You're sure of it." I repeat. "I understand what you mean. I feel the same about you, Jey. I know you love me. I just get scared because you're married and I feel like you're going to work your marriage out. That's what holds me back from really getting comfortable in this. I always have to take a step back."

"I know it's hard to believe me." He says. "I don't want you to ever feel I'd wrong you in any way. I would never do that to you. I swear I wouldn't. That's why I try to show my love with affection, and gifts. I always wanna be around you. I wanna spend as much time with you as possible, I make sure I'm open with you ... .any way I can. I am in love with you."

I see the seriousness in his face and it makes me smile. I believe I'm in love with him too but I'm trying not to get too attached until he files for divorce. But that's already happened. I would like to just let this flow naturally but naturally this is becoming serious. No, it IS serious, and I don't want to stop it. I'm getting myself into something that could potentially break me and I'm scared.

I sigh. "Josh, I'm scared of this. I know how I feel about you but I have to be real with myself. You're not mine officially."

"I'm yours."

"Someone else is legally responsible for your health and it's not me." I say. "If you went into the hospital today and it was a life or death situation, she would make the decision to save you. I wouldn't even be allowed to see you."