Chapter 19

Word count: 5132
_________________

He takes a long look at me. His eyes moved down my body and back up to my eyes, then he made eye contact with me. My body went numb again.

"Take a seat." He disregarded my question. "I've been watching you for a few months now. I know everything about you and your family. My name is Joseph Anoa'i but everyone calls me, Joe."

Oh my god, I knew it

Oh my god, I knew it. I wasn't sure at first and I was hoping it wasn't actually him, but it is. This is who Jon, Jey, and Jey's ex was talking about. He's going to kill me. I'm positive. Oh my god!

I slowly take a seat furthest away from him, almost falling off of the couch. I wanted to be far away from him.

He chuckles, looking at me. "Sit all the way on the sofa. It's okay." He tries to assure me.

I literally couldn't feel my legs. I wasn't numb l over. I was so scared. He sat down in a chair across from me. He slowly reaches back behind him, he doesn't take his eyes off of me while he's reaching. He pulls his gun out from behind him and sits it on the coffee table, along with his keys and phone.  He lines the up next to each other, the gun wasn't pointed at me, thank God.

"There's no reason for you to be scared of me. I'm not going to hurt you...if you're honest with me. So, let's just talk." He flashes a warm smile but I don't buy it at all.

I nod my head but I'm still scared as hell.

"So like I said, I'm Josh's cousin. We have a family business I know you're aware of because I've seen you at the events, right?" His eyes pierce through me for confirmation.

I quietly nod my head.

"I work closely with his father handling the day to day business. Nothing to get into details about. Our family is well connected all over and we have eyes all over the city. We've been getting a few reports about my cousin being seen out with a certain someone." He just looks at me.

"Me?" I knew it wasn't a good idea to be out and about with him.

He slowly nods his head. "So I did some digging and got some answers. I've been looking into you and your parents for some time now."

"What does my parents have to do with this?" I ask

He shrugs. "Nothing at all. I just want you to know, we know who they are. Wanna know what I found?" He asks but he doesn't wait for me to answer, he proceeds to tell me anyway. "Now, your dad is Rick Fox. A retired basketball player turned tech giant. Very known in the community, avid golfer, platinum member of Idlewild Country Club. And your mom, Evelyn..." he smiles. "A spicy Puerto Rican from the Bronx, New York. Besides her being a smoking hot housewife, she doesn't do much anymore. Predictable daily routine..."

He's been following my parents? He knows where they live?

"Why are you looking into my parents?" I ask