Chapter 20

Word count: 6284
_________________

"Stay here." He didn't look back as he headed directly to the front door.

Oh my God! He's back.

I was terrified that that was Joe again. I said they're listening but I didn't hear anything. A couple seconds later the twins walk into the bathroom. I just look at them and shake my head.

"I can't do this. My anxiety is through the roof. I'm so scared."

"Try not to worry about it, we got you." Jon says to me. "What you wanna do?" He looks at Josh.

"I'm ready to kill him." Josh says, "She thinks I should let it go."

"You always wanna kill everybody. Calm down!" Jon says like he's irritated. "You can't jump up ready to kill. This is Joe we're talking about. This ain't some random person, this is family." I see Jey's face and he's looking at Jon like he's crazy. He probably about to hit him for saying that shit. "...But we ain't letting shit go, Hazel."

"I don't want anyone to get hurt. I'm okay...and alive. Just drop it, okay. I feel safe with Josh here. I feel that multiplies when you're here, too. Please guys, let's not make matters worse."

"So I can't go over there, can I call him and see what he has to say for himself?" Jey asks

I just nod my head. I don't think he is gonna let this go, but I can hope. Before I could say anything else, I heard the ringing. This man called him right then and there.

"Hello, Joshua! How is your day going?" Joe answers, speaking as if he's in a good mood.

"Fuck you mean, how's my day going? You put your hands on my girl?"

"Your girl?" He scuffs. "T is fine. She's at home with the kids, where you should be." He says

"Don't worry about my family, or where you think I need to be. You put your hands on my girl and you know I can't let that shit slide."

"You keep saying your girl. I don't know what you're talking about." Joe says

"Stop playing dumb, Joe. You know exactly who I'm talking about." Jey yells

"Ohh, you're talking about that nice, side piece of ass you got over at the penthouse, on Elm. Yeah, I paid her a visit. She needed to know what she was getting into. Clearly you didn't warn her of the dangers of fucking you."

"It's not like that. You know me and T are separated..."

"I don't care about all of that. I'm protecting my family from your childish decisions. Yeah, I choked the bitch. Whatchu gon do about it, Jey? The fam is behind it, they're calling the shots. You've been bailing on meetings, removing trackers, flat out avoiding us, you're separating yourself from the family. They know you're doing outside dealings, trying to go against us. Then we hear you're got some side bitch pregnant...we don't know what to do with you."

"So you come after my girl? This is business. She doesn't have anything to do with that." Josh says.

He laughs, "You're girl? You know she told me you were just her friend. That bitch doesn't even claim you. And yeah, it's business, but she has everything to do with this. Especially when she interferes with business, we got a problem." He says

"She don't have nothing to do with this." Jey repeats

"Your Dad seems to think she's behind this behavior. He wants her gone, and you know I gotta follow through." he says

Jey looks at his brother, and Jon shakes his head seemingly warning him.

"Dawg, you touched my girl." Jey says. I'm looking at him and he was so irritated, so frustrated, and he was just so pissed off. I wasn't sure what he would do if he actually went after him.