Chapter 14

Word count: 4357
____________

We walk out of the shop and Jey opens my door. I get in and he does the same. He just sits there for a few seconds doing something on his phone. When he's done, he looks over at me.

"What?" I ask

"What are you thinking?"

"Nothing, what are we doing still sitting here?" I ask. We still sitting at the crime scene. Let's go. lol

"Had to call my cleanup crew. I can't just leave it like this, anyone can walk in."

I giggle a little. "Wow. You guys are legit, huh?"

He laughs. "Legit in a very illegal way."

I look at the building we just walked out of and think about what just happened. "You don't feel bad?"

He sighs. "It's sad to say but no I don't. How do you feel?"

I shrug. "I don't feel anything." I look at him. "Nothing at all."

He doesn't say anything.

"I'm sorry you had to see that." He says. "If I made you feel uncomfortable, or scared, or anything, I'm sorry. I try to keep shit like this away from you. I don't want you to see that side of me."

"Don't be. He had it coming."

He laughs. "What?"

"I'm just saying. He knows who you are, why would he get like that with you? He should've kept his mouth closed."

Jey nods, "That's a way of looking at it." He paused for a second then spoke. "You really didn't feel anything? Like, seeing him dying on the floor, blood pooling around him, nothing?

"No."

"Does that change how you see me?"

"No. I fell in love with the person you are, not what you do. If that's who you are then I accept that part of you too. I'll keep all your secrets."

He smiles at me. "Man, you don't know how much I love you.I knew you were for me."

"I think I know how much you love me." I say

"I hope you do. I love that I don't have to hide myself from you. I was scared you would leave me but I couldn't let him get away talking to you like that. I just couldn't let it go. I swear I won't keep anything from you."

"Good, because neither will I. And speaking of not letting him get away with what he said to me, can you handle my ex?"

"The one that showed up at our room in Chicago?"

"Yeah, what other ex you know?"

"Oh him?" he waves me off. "I been took care of that."

"Really? When?"

"When I went back to Atlanta a week later." He says

"Really? We weren't in contact." I find that crazy. He didn't even know if he was going to see me again and he went and found my ex.

"So? I took care of him." He settles in his seat.

"Maybe that's why he hasn't called." I kinda chuckle.

"Oh he ain't ever  gonna call you again." He says

"What did you do?" I ask

"Well, we had a little talk first. He was talking a little crazy so I had to do it."

"How did you even find him? All you had was his first name." I say, amazed.

"I have my ways." He says