Chapter 16

Word count: 6709

This is a long one. ♥️
_________________

The next day was the show. Again, I was in attendance, and again, I couldn't really speak to anyone. Things were different this time because Jey invited my parents. They didn't know anyone of course so we all sat together. Good thing the crowd was mixed so they weren't the only older people there. They blended in.

The show was good but it was just as violent as it was last time and it was a lot for me. This is just something that I cannot get used to. I saw Jaida wrestle. It was cool. She won and I clapped for her. About halfway through the show they had an intermission and my parents decided they were going to leave, which took a weight off my shoulders because I kind of felt like I had to just sit still and not talk. I didn't want one of them to say something to Jey and then here come the questions like how do you know him and my parents know nothing about all of this so it was a huge risk inviting them. So needless to say, I was happy they were leaving.

After I walked them to their car, I went back in and I walked over to the bar. I texted Jey to come talk to me because I hadn't really seen him tonight.

"Hey." I hear a woman say from behind me. I turn around and see its Jaida. Oh shit! Here we go again, around two.

"What's up?" I say back looking at her up and down because who the fuck does she think she is approaching me?

"You don't have to turn the attitude on. I didn't come over here for that." She says

"Okay, well what do you want?"

"I came over here to buy you a drink." She says and I look at her crazy.

"For what? Girl you don't have to pretend like we're friends because Jey checked you. It's all good."

"Okay, he didn't check me." She says. "He informed me on his relationship status and I stepped back."

I laugh. "Girl, whatever you wanna say to make yourself feel better that's fine."

"Anyway, I wanted to buy you a drink because I felt bad about how I acted towards you."

"Oh." I was shocked. I wasn't expecting this.

"I'm not even like that. You may see my attitude on display when I'm in the ring, but that's just my character. Yeah, I liked him. But I didn't know he was in a relationship, outside of his marriage. And I say it like that because someone told me that him and his wife are separated, and that I should talk to him. That's the only reason I was pushing up on your man, but I didn't know you existed." She explains

"I understand that and it's all good. Men ain't gonna tell you they in a relationship half the time anyway. It's all good. When you got out of the car, it was done." I say

"I appreciate that. I thought I was gonna have to fight." She laughs

"No, I'm not like that. I'm not a fighter, I will run." I say, laughing.

"What are you drinking?" She asks

"Vodka soda with lime."

She orders the drink for me and she gets one for herself as well. It was just a bunch of super small talk for those couple of minutes when we got our drinks. I figured that this would be a good time to maybe talk to her about the comments she made while we were in the car that day.

"So, Jaida...."

"Call me Tiana." She says with a smile.

"Tiana, I kind of wanted to talk to you about something. Initially, I was gonna let it go because I figured I probably wouldn't see you again or even have the opportunity to talk to you if I did, but I wanted to ask you for clarity on a comment you made when we were in a car."