Chapter 21

Word count: 5141
_________________

Later on that night, I was back at my parents house and I was somewhat a mess. I got myself together long enough to get everything moved out of the penthouse, but it seems like as soon as I got home and was able to just be still I realized that I really Left him and I was alone. I haven't been single for a long time. I was with Kevin for so long and when I broke up with him, I was single for a month before Jey showed up at my parents doorstep just like my break up with Kevin this was something that I needed to do for myself and I'm happy that I did it but I still feel bad that it happened.

My mom was currently in bed with me and we were just cuddling because I was bawling my eyes out and I have finally calmed down a little bit. I love that my mom and I have a close relationship and I'm happy that I can tell her anything. Most people, probably would not have told their mother about everything that happened between and I, but I knew she wouldn't judge. I knew she would have a problem with it, but she was able to help me through all of this including my break up. She was happy that I kept my word and said it was over after those three months. My mom liked Jey, but she didn't like that he was married. She wanted me to be happy and that's why she let me make my own decisions but things just don't work out how we want them to all the time. It doesn't matter how sweet they may seem.

"What do you want to eat for dinner?" My mom asks

"Whatever you make is fine."

"Are you sure? You're already a little depressed, the last thing I need is you not eating."

"I'm sure, mom."

"Okay. Well, you know as soon as I leave your bedroom, your dad is going to be in here trying to check on you."

"Yeah, I know. It's fine."

"Are you really fine with it or do you want me to tell him to leave you alone?"

"No, I'm okay with it, mom. Thanks."

"Okay." She slides out of bed after giving me a hug. "Are you gonna be okay, baby?"

"I guess." I say with a shrug. "I just hate that I really thought things would turn out differently."

"I know you don't wanna hear this but sometimes things just turn out this way, and most of the time when they do it's for the better."

"I don't think so. I know I'm supposed to be with him. His wife was just being a bitch and wouldn't sign the divorce documents.

"I know, baby. But maybe she had a change of heart. She has that right. She's married to him. I didn't like the idea of you dating him while he was married because of this exact reason. I like Josh a lot and I also felt he was right for you but he's married babe. He's not yours and you need to understand that."

"I do understand, mom. It's just—I don't know. I know he didn't want to be there. He wanted to be with me and she was in the way of that."

"So now that you set boundaries and you've followed through with them, you gotta figure out what that was about. You also need to learn from this experience. What has this shown you?"

"I don't know yet. I always thought maybe he was supposed to show me a better way. That I should stand up for myself because I wasn't with Kevin. You know some of the things I went through with him. I felt Josh was supposed to get me through that." I explain

"And now you're through it and Jey is gone. The experience is had, the lesson is learned, and now you move on." She says. "I know you loved him but I believe it is what it was and now you have to see where life takes you."

"Thanks, mom. I needed that."

"I'm gonna go cook dinner." She says then leaves.

I say in the quiet for a few minutes trying to have a pep talk with myself. I have to pull it together. Like my mom said, it is what it is.