Panicked Kitty

~Later on...

~Aqua's POV~

As I was getting ready to do my shift, I looked outside. "Another day, another Hell Coin." I said as I threw on my swimming shorts and headed out the door leaving with my towel and water bottle. After I closed the door, I made my way walking through the long and lonely hallway. As I was walking, my ears perked up. "Hmm?"

"F-Fuck..." a voice stuttered quietly.

"H-Hello..?"

"Fuck..." it was heard from the other side.

I tiptoed my way to where the sound was coming from. I looked around and gasped at who I saw.

"Fuck..." he said.

From the looks of his face, his fur, and mostly everything else... he was experiencing a panic attack! I didn't hesitate and jumped into action.

"Husk!" I ran to him and got on my knees. "Oh my god, what happened?!" I grew very worried.

"F-F-Fuck..." his breathing was out of control.

His wings were ruffled. His fur was standing on edge. His face was pale. And his breathing was uncontrollable. Looking at him like this made me want to go into a panic attack as well. But I had to help him or he'll go into shock. "Husk, look at me..."

"Fuck..."

"Husk." I said his name in a serious tone. 'Damn, he's really gonna hate me for this...' I thought to myself. "It's okay Husk. I'm here." I said as I was rubbing his shoulders which were trembling like crazy.

"O-Okay..." he said as he was trying to slow down his breathing.

"Easy Husk. Breathe deeply." I said as I heard his breathing was slowing down. "That's it Husk, deep breaths."

"I-I..." he started.

"Don't talk now Husk." I placed my finger over his fuzzy lips. "I need you to calm down before you can say anything." I said as I was rubbing his back and gave him my water.

After a few excruciating minutes, Husk was able to calm down at last. As he was drinking my water, I was rubbing down his fur and wings off gently using my hands. "There we go. Nice and easy."

"Aqua..?" he started.

I turned to him and got up. "Before you say anything, I'll just get out of your way before you say something rude to me again. I know your deal." I said as I turned around and started to walk away.

"No wait." he said as he held onto my wrist.

"Huh?" I looked down to see that Husk was holding onto my wrist. "Husk?"

"I... I..."

"What's wrong?" I sighed and got back down on my knees in front of him.

"I... I..."

"A certain rabbit told me this." I crossed my arms. "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Husk took in a deep breath and looked up at me with his black and gold eyes. "T-Thanks..."

My ears perked up all the way. 'What's this?! And great and grumpy Husker said thank you to me?! Oh my goodness, what a surprise!' I thought to myself. I shook my head. "It's no biggie. It's the least I could do."

He drank more water and used my towel to wipe off the sweat from his face. "And I mean it. Thanks for... calming me down."

"You're welcome. I-" I started but got interrupted.

Husk immediately hugged me which made me gasp. I looked down on him to see that his arms were wrapped around my waist and that his wings were folded around us. I wasn't sure if he had too much to drink or if it was something else. But it didn't matter to me at all anymore, all that matters is that the kitty cat was fine. I slowly placed my arms around his neck and got a bit closer so I could hug him back.

~Husker's POV~

I couldn't believe it, Aqua managed to calm me down before it got worst. As I was hugging her, I brought her closer to me. She was warm, soft, and inviting.

"Oh my. Oh my." she shyly spoke.

I laid my head onto something soft. I didn't know what it was, but it was giving off a very fast and strong feeling from there. I realized that it was her heart. It was beating really fast and really hard, like it was ready to pop out of her chest. I was thinking that the experience might've scared her as well. "Aqua..?" I spoke at last.

"Yes?"

"Did I... Did I scare you..?"

She nodded. "Yeah. I was really worried."

"I'm... I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I scared you."

"It's okay Husk. It wasn't your fault. This was something that can't be under your control." she said and was about to touch my face. "No, I'm guessing you don't want me to."

I sighed and held her hand, then I placed it on my own cheek. "Go ahead. It's on the house."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I should be grateful that you saved me."

"Okay." she said as she was gently stroking my cheek.

I leaned into her touch and closed my eyes. I was enjoying the warm sensation that she was giving me. It caused to purr and the feeling on my cheeks were burning me.

She giggled softly. "That's a good kitty."

Her petting was making me purr even louder. And her giggling made me blush even more. "So embarrassing..." I grumbled softly.

"It's not embarrassing. That means you're happy. Should I stop?"

"Umm... no. Keep petting me."

"Okay Husk, whatever you say." she smiled and kept petting my cheek.

I purred and purred the more she was petting me. To be honest, I was glad that Aqua came to the rescue. If it wasn't for her, I would've been in serious trouble right about now. I decided to make it up to her. "Hey Aqua?"

"Yeah Husk?"

"Would you... like to have a drink? With me?"

"Really? A drink with you?"

"Yeah. I mean you saved me after all. It's on me."

"Okay." she wagged her tail and slowly got up.

I was trying to get up, but it felt like my butt was glued onto the floor. "Oh boy."

"Need a paw?" Aqua said as she held out her paw.

"Sure. Why not?" I said as I held her paw.

"Up you go." she said as she pulled me up right back on my feet.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

"Ready for that drink?"

"You've read my mind."

"Let's go." I motioned her to walk with me and she was walking beside me.