Revealed Part 1

~Later on...

~Husker's POV~

After I was finishing up the bar for the night, I closed up and headed towards the pool room. To be honest, I was kind of getting worried about what Aqua meant by me holding the key to her secret. "Shit, what is this girl going to do?" I said to myself as I made it to the door. After I went inside, I saw Aqua and again... I blushed.

"Hey Husky." she waved to me. "I'm glad you made it."

"Uhh... y-yeah. Sure." I looked away.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine." I said. The reason why I blushed because of what the fuck she was wearing! She was wearing a black one piece wetsuit with a blue stripe that hugged her side. 'Is she really trying to impress me?! Shit!' I thought to myself as I calmed down. To be honest, I wanted to walk out and leave. But I had no choice, my soul depends on it.

"Here's the booze like I promised ya." she said as she took out a big bottle of what looked like the Hennessy.

"Thanks." I walked over to her and saw the set up. There were two pool chairs with a table that had the cheeseboard and the booze. There was also a cooler there too. "Hmm."

"I hope you like cheese with crackers and fruit. I know you might not fancy a cheeseboard, but it goes great with booze."

I chuckled. "Sweet. What are you trying to do, impress me?" I gave her a smirk.

"Maybe." she giggled softly. "Just like last night?"

"Heh, yeah. I admit that I really was impressed." I said as I sat down and opened the booze.

"You really were." she smiled.

And so on, we were talking while snacking and drinking. I was feeling relaxed talking to her. It felt nice. It was just me and her, sitting together by the pool. Just us hanging out. Maybe everybody was right, she's a lot of fun once you get used to her.

A little while later, we were by the pool edge. Aqua had her paws in the water while I didn't since I didn't like the water that much. As I was drinking the booze from the bottle, Aqua was drinking her cucumber saltwater.

"How can you even drink that stuff without gagging?" I asked her.

"It's a must for me. Saltwater is actually a connection to my secret."

"Okay then... So what's the big secret?"

"Well... it's not gonna be easy for me to tell you. But there are a few things that you should know."

"Like what?"

"Well little by little... I've been giving away a lot of strange things."

"Just spill it. Youre making me impatient." I growled loudly, but I soften it since I had to be nice to her. I mean I have no choice either way thanks to Alastor. "I mean, tell me."

"Okay." she took in a deep breath. "Number 1, is that I can breathe underwater. Remember the lifeguard training?"

"Yeah. You were down there for more than 20 minutes."

"Yeah. But I can be down there even longer. More than 20 minutes."

"But how?"

"I have gills at my neck." she said as she moved her hair to the side. "See?"

I saw some lines at her neck and then gasped a bit to see them moving. "Whoa. Freaky. Reminds me of those walking sharks."

"Sort of."

"So you can breathe underwater?"

"Yeah. Either with or without a tail."

'A tail? What does she mean by that? She already has a tail.' I thought to myself. "That's pretty cool. So are you a walking shark?"

"No." she shook her head. "I'm something far more different."

"Okay. Continue."

"Okay. Number 2, are the scales. My scales shed when I'm going through dehydration or stress."

I looked down at my pendent. "So this is your scale?"

"Yes. That came from me. The scale that you're wearing, have special powers. They have the power to heal wounds and bruises. All you do is place the scale on there, add some water, and you instantly heal."

I raised a brow and looked back down at my pendent. "Huh. Guess this is useful then." I smiled a bit.

"Number 3, the saltwater. I have to drink at least 3 glasses of it a day to keep my other side hydrated. Or else the scales come off faster."

"Oh boy." I rolled my eyes. I sighed as I was getting bored of her explanation of what was really going on. I drank more booze from the bottle as she was still yapping her mouth.

"Hey, are you paying attention?" she snapped her fingers at me.

"Yeah. Sure. Whatever." I rolled my eyes again. "Get on with it already."

"I'm almost done. Be patient. Number 4..." she started as she was going into her chest fur and pulled out something. It was a blue seashell necklace. "This. This is what controls my transformation power."

I yawned as I looked at her. "Yawn..." I rolled my eyes.

"I can transform into a..." she gulped.

"Into a what?"

"Into a... a..."

"Well?"

"Umm... well, I'm about to show you now." she said as she got up.

"Come on now. Show me already." I grumbled softly.

"Okay... here we go." she said as she looked at her pendent. She whispered something into that thing which I couldn't hear. Then the next thing I knew, she dives into the water head on.

I drank the last of the booze, but what happened next made me stop in my tracks. The water... was glowing?! I shook my head to see if it was a dream, but it wasn't. The water was glowing blue. "What the fuck?"

After I witnessed Aqua coming up, I rubbed my eyes to see that she looked different. And when I mean different, I mean A LOT different.

"Husk... W-What I'm trying to say is that I'm... I'm..." she swims back and lifted up what looked like a fish's tail. "I'm... a mermaid."

I gasped and dropped my bottle which caused it to break on the ground. I couldn't believe it, Aqua was a mermaid this whole time?! I was at a loss for words. I looked at her, and then I looked at the broken booze bottle. It was a lucky thing I drank it all.

But this was something I wasn't sure of. Was this real? Was this a dream?